Successful Sync Notification Gone

The latest Windows version of Evernote (6.1.2.2292) has done away with the 'Synchronization complete' notification which used to appear at the bottom right of the screen.

This seems like a retrograde step as instead of carrying on with other work after hitting F9 one needs to wait and watch the 'washing machine'

Please bring back 'Synchronization complete' notification.

Sync complete.jpg

Yes, please bring this feature back - it was incredibly useful. 

As soon as I noticed it was gone earlier today, I was trying to figure out whether I had changed something, or whether the option was now hidden away. I don't understand why Evernote decided to get rid of it - at least introduce an option for those that find it useful. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, pvdiamon said:

How do you know if it has synchronized now? 

Quite easy actually, in snippet and card view, a note that needs to sync will show a blue arrow in the upper right corner.  This goes away after it has sync'd.  In list view you can expose a Sync column that will show a dot next to any note that needs to be sync'd.  It you want to be doubly sure just click on the sync button and force a manual sync.

Personally I find these better than the "now you see it now you don't" popup message in the lower right corner of the screen which I rarely would notice.  I'm not surprised that it has been removed. 

14 hours ago, s2sailor said:

Personally I find these better than the "now you see it now you don't" popup message in the lower right corner of the screen which I rarely would notice.  I'm not surprised that it has been removed. 

Well, for me, I found the pop-up message reassuring. I would click on sync after posting an update and look out for the pop-up, knowing that everything was properly synced. An option if you find it useful, surely wouldn't be hard to implement. 

• Level 5*

13 hours ago, Tejstar said:

Well, for me, I found the pop-up message reassuring

I understand.  I've just switched over to noticing if the blue arrow disappears instead.  I have found it easier to notice that then watch for the popup.  Also, if you are manually clicking the sync button, when the circling arrows stop, if there is no exclamation point (as I recall) then that also indicates a successful sync.

Archived