Is there a way to show.....

Hello everyone, I'm new on this forum and on Evernote too, I switch to this great program basically to organize my work and I'm starting to understand how it works, but I still have many question about it.

I really appreciate if somebody can help me on the following request:

I create different notebooks for each customers we have in our company, then write notes inside. Happens that in the notes there are 'checklists', so I need to create a sort of summary of 'things to do' of all the notebooks, but in a single page.

For example, a summary that tells me: in notebook A, in that note, you have 1 'thing to do'. In notebook B, on that note, another 'thing to do'  etc...

Is there a way to organize something like that? Thanks and really sorry for my bad english, sadly is not my main language.

Alessandro

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On June 6, 2016 at 0:24 PM, Alessandro_9 said:

I create different notebooks for each customers we have in our company, then write notes inside. Happens that in the notes there are 'checklists', so I need to create a sort of summary of 'things to do' of all the notebooks, but in a single page.

For example, a summary that tells me: in notebook A, in that note, you have 1 'thing to do'. In notebook B, on that note, another 'thing to do'  etc...

Is there a way to organize something like that? Thanks and really sorry for my bad english, sadly is not my main language.

You might be interested in this discussion https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/96601-script-to-search-copy  A script was presented to extract flagged text from notes and produce a summary note.

My approach with tasks, is to create an individual note for each task.  I use the reminder feature to identify these tasks, but an alternative would be to tag them.

This allows for a search to produce a list of tags.  
The copy links feature will allow you to copy the list into a summary note.  I use this to copy my current task list, and project list into my daily journal

Archived