Note link does not always open in application after opening in browser

I've been having this problem for quite a while now weeks/months but finally getting annoyed enough to try to find the answer :)

So apparently there's a cookie preference for web clipper that is set the first time you enact this behavior that clipper asks you if you would like to open in the application or in the browser.  I have selected in the application and I even went through this process to reset it just to be sure: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s12/sh/1a0658b4-b183-4abf-beeb-40a7c6515acb/9129e9c30b255d48

However, SOMETIMES when I click the link it finally opens in the application and SOMETIMES it only opens in the browser (i.e. it always opens in the browser first, but sometimes it open in the app and sometimes it doesn't).  The problem persists through application restarts and computer reboots.  The biggest problem is its inconsistency, even on the same note link when clicking on it several times in succession sometimes it eventually opens.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, richramos said:

So apparently there's a cookie preference for web clipper that is set the first time you enact this behavior that clipper asks you if you would like to open in the application or in the browser.  I have selected in the application and I even went through this process to reset it just to be sure: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s12/sh/1a0658b4-b183-4abf-beeb-40a7c6515acb/9129e9c30b255d48

However, SOMETIMES when I click the link it finally opens in the application and SOMETIMES it only opens in the browser (i.e. it always opens in the browser first, but sometimes it open in the app and sometimes it doesn't).  The problem persists through application restarts and computer reboots.  The biggest problem is its inconsistency, even on the same note link when clicking on it several times in succession sometimes it eventually opens.

I'll have to think about the "cookie preference" thing.  I wanted this option but wasn't aware how to reset it. Thanks for the instructions

My understanding is to force the "in app" open, I would use the classic link, as in the format of evernote:///view/.......

Archived