How to print an article out of Evernote Android

With the tool "printer share" I can print out a document using the share command. 

But whenI tap "share" within Evernote the option share to printer share does not come up. Only sharing with an email address or sending the link is being offered. 

So the question is: How to print out of Evernote Android? 

• Level 5

Yeah, Evernote's use of the term "Share" is quite different from standard Android usage. EN uses "Share" to mean sharing the note with another person in one of several ways, not sharing it with other apps and services on the Android device. I almost think they ought to use a different icon for it rather than the standard Android "Share" icon.

AFAIK, the only way to send a note from the Android app to a printer is to share the note via an e-mail sent to a printer that is set up to print documents received at its designated e-mail address. But others here may know more clever workarounds.

Hello @StreifLicht,

I see that you are trying to print from the Evernote application on Android. While this is not an option through the application directly, you can accomplish this by doing the following:

- Set up a Google Cloud Printer and download the Google Cloud Print application from the Google Play Store.
 - Go into the note you want to print inside of the Evernote application on your Android device.
 - Once inside the note go up to the top right of the Evernote application and tap on the three dots and the side menu will pop up.
 - Select Share > Post a link > Copy URL.
 - Go into Chrome on your device and paste the link in the URL bar and the note should load up after pressing enter.
 - Tap on the three dots in the right corner and choose Print.
 - Select the printer and print.

It does take some work to set up, but is well worth it if you are wanting to be able to print from your Android device.

• Level 5

Thanks, Matt. I have an HP Officejet Pro 8100 that has its own dedicated e-mail address, and I can do something similar that way (using More Sharing > Share static note). I sometimes do so with apps other than EN, since the HP printing app/plugin leaves a lot to be desired.

You can share to other apps in Android but it is terribly ill-labeled an hence fairly well hidden. I posted about this problem and I think you'll be able to use that post to find your printer app.

An Evernote employee responds in my original thread, but to be honest, I feel like this is a simple fix. It is not that any new programming needs to be done. Instead a label needs to be changed. 

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My workaround is easier I guess:

Within the app make a screenshot of the note...almost every android phone have an easy way to make screenshots.

Then go to gallery and print it out from there..

I thing it's faster this way, till Evernote developers will finally update the app..

It should become more "mobile printing" friendly, on Android...

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/4/2016 at 2:01 AM, StreifLicht said:

With the tool "printer share" I can print out a document using the share command. 

But whenI tap "share" within Evernote the option share to printer share does not come up. Only sharing with an email address or sending the link is being offered. 

So the question is: How to print out of Evernote Android

here are some points who are the solution for your query
Launch Google Play
Search for Evernote
Select Evernote from the results list
Download and install the app
Launch Evernote
Part 2
Creating a New Notebook
1 Tap the Evernote icon at the top left of the screen.
2 Select “Notebooks.
3 Tap the icon of a notebook with a plus sign
4  Enter a name for the notebook
Part 3 
Creating Text Notes
1 Select the notebook where you will create the note in
2 Tap the green plus icon at the bottom right corner of the screen
3 Tap on the text icon
4 Name the note
5 Type the content you want in the “Compose your note” field
6 Attach files
7 Attach photos
8 Tap the “Done” button at the top of the page
Part 4 
Using the Camera in Evernote
1 Select a notebook
3 Tap the camera icon from the menu
4 Take a picture
5 Tap the green checkmark
6 Tap the checkmark at the top of the page
Part 5
Creating Reminders
1 Select a notebook
3 Tap the reminder icon
4 Enter the reminder in the text field
5 Set the date and time for the alarm
6 Tap on “Set.”
7 Tap the checkmark at the top of the page
Part 6
Creating Audio Notes
1 Select a notebook
3 Tap on the mic icon from the shortcut menu
4 Tap the checkmark to stop the recording
5 Tap the checkmark at the top of the page
Part 7
Creating Handwritten Notes
Select a notebook
Tap the green plus icon at the bottom right corner of the screen
Tap on the pen icon
Write your notes
Tap the left arrow at the top left corner of the page
Tap the checkmark at the top of the page
Part 8
Sharing a Note
Create a new note or open an existing one
Tap on the Share icon in the upper right corner of the note
Tap the sharing option you want to use
Configure the share settings
Tap on “Sharing settings, then select either “Add people” or “Make it public.” The first option allows only specific users to view the note. The second makes the note available for all.

Archived