Copy Note Link for a Local Note

Hello!

I love the search capability of EN however I'm wondering if anyone else here has run into any issues when doing a copy note link or classic note link on a note kept in a local notebook.  The note link works great for these types of notes when you stay inside EN but when you take the link outside of EN it doesn't work properly for these local notes.  The result is Evernote becomes the active window but the note is brought to the forefront like it would do for sync notes.  PS:  I have a MAC  

• Level 5*
On 6/2/2016 at 3:59 PM, Juliane said:

but when you take the link outside of EN it doesn't work properly for these local notes.  

Yep, I observe the same behavior.

I expect it is for security reasons -- Local NBs are supposed to be more private than sync'd NB.

I also got this warning when I copied the link to the note in the Local NB:

EN-Mac-6.6-Local-NB-Note-Link.png

On 6/2/2016 at 3:59 PM, Juliane said:

Hello!

I love the search capability of EN however I'm wondering if anyone else here has run into any issues when doing a copy note link or classic note link on a note kept in a local notebook.  The note link works great for these types of notes when you stay inside EN but when you take the link outside of EN it doesn't work properly for these local notes.  The result is Evernote becomes the active window but the note is brought to the forefront like it would do for sync notes.  PS:  I have a MAC  

Hi there @Juliane, welcome to the Forums!

Note links to local notes will only work within the Evernote application on the device that those local notes are stored on. 

In fact, when I try to paste a note link from a note into a local notebook into synchronized note, I receive this message: 

2.png

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I want to use the <copy classic note link> (e.g. evernote:///view/...) on Windows Evernote (like it is available on the Mac) so a link to a certain note opens the Evernote program and not a note via the website. How can I do this? 

Archived