Sync Status No Longer Displays

Hello,

Prior to the 6.1 beta releases, the Evernote Windows client would display in the lower right-hand corner of monitor a dialog saying something like, "synchronization complete."  This was after changing HKCU\Software\Evernote\Evernote\ShowSyncStatus from 0 to 1 (with Evernote closed).

This feature appears to no longer work.

I am requesting that this functionality be re-enabled, or to know how to re-enable it, if a different process is now required.

Thank you,

southernforge

• Level 5

Check out this recent thread. The "synchronization complete" message, as you've observed, is no longer a feature. I don't know if a registry edit would bring it back.

Of course, the status of any note's synchronization is still indicated in the Note List: unsynced notes have a blue corner with an upward arrow in Snippet and Card View, and a dot in the Sync column in Top List and Side List view. If any of those are visible, then sync has not been done. But obviously that only helps if you've got an unsynced note visible in the Note List.

5 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Check out this recent thread. The "synchronization complete" message, as you've observed, is no longer a feature. I don't know if a registry edit would bring it back.

Of course, the status of any note's synchronization is still indicated in the Note List: unsynced notes have a blue corner with an upward arrow in Snippet and Card View, and a dot in the Sync column in Top List and Side List view. If any of those are visible, then sync has not been done. But obviously that only helps if you've got an unsynced note visible in the Note List.

Thank you, @Dave-in-Decatur - Decatur, GA?

5 hours ago, dconnet said:

A registry hack will not. It was removed.

Any chance Evernote developers are listening to heavy users of the product, and would consider re-enabling this feature?  It really has been most helpful over time.

Archived