Checkbox in Print Layout

Is there a way to make the bottom of a checkbox align with the bottom of the text when printing from the Windows desktop version? When viewing the note normally it's lined up, but when you look at the print preview and the printed note, they aren't lined up. I've had this issue with Windows 7 and 10.

2016-06-01_1606.png

I had exactly the same issued as reported on Evernote's forums in April and Reddit around the same time.

Haven't gotten much of a response from the Evernote team yet. In fact, weeks passed while I didn't even know an employee had responded to my original post since the email notifications have been down since the forums upgraded. 

Are you also on Windows 10?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2016 at 2:13 PM, EricBonar said:

Is there a way to make the bottom of a checkbox align with the bottom of the text when printing from the Windows desktop version? When viewing the note normally it's lined up, but when you look at the print preview and the printed note, they aren't lined up. I've had this issue with Windows 7 and 10.

2016-06-01_1606.png

What about the really weird way the text looks?

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem when I print. It should be easy to assign an indent for the second and subsequent lines just like in most any word processing program. It is nice to take notes but often you have to present them. Better formatting ability would be a wonderful upgrade.

On 6/1/2016 at 10:38 PM, WeCanLearnAnything said:

I had exactly the same issued as reported on Evernote's forums in April and Reddit around the same time.

Haven't gotten much of a response from the Evernote team yet. In fact, weeks passed while I didn't even know an employee had responded to my original post since the email notifications have been down since the forums upgraded. 

Are you also on Windows 10?

Yes, I have Windows 10, but it also happens on Windows 7.

18 hours ago, mrkcvr said:

I have the same problem when I print. It should be easy to assign an indent for the second and subsequent lines just like in most any word processing program. It is nice to take notes but often you have to present them. Better formatting ability would be a wonderful upgrade.

You can indent any of the lines once, or multiple times. Screenshot

• 7 months later...

It's interesting (disappointing) to see that printing issues are not addressed even years after reporting them. And to think that EN obviously doesn't consider this a real problem is very surprising. Sure, we should aim for "paper-free" work but when I try to print meeting report in PDF I have same issues. Now, copying it into word processor and then...bla bla bla...I mean, it's 2017, we shouldn't be doing such thing I guess.
I have just recently "reactivated" my EN usage and am currently Premium user but to think that EN is app that I use as MAIN and it doesn't have basic things (printing) working properly is true concern and makes me rethink my choice and (again) reconsider OneNote...unfortuantelly

I wonder what kind of issues I might expect in the future, when I try to go "in depth", few steps further from printing.,..

58 minutes ago, NedPG said:

It's interesting (disappointing) to see that printing issues are not addressed even years after reporting them. And to think that EN obviously doesn't consider this a real problem is very surprising. Sure, we should aim for "paper-free" work but when I try to print meeting report in PDF I have same issues. Now, copying it into word processor and then...bla bla bla...I mean, it's 2017, we shouldn't be doing such thing I guess.
I have just recently "reactivated" my EN usage and am currently Premium user but to think that EN is app that I use as MAIN and it doesn't have basic things (printing) working properly is true concern and makes me rethink my choice and (again) reconsider OneNote...unfortuantelly

I wonder what kind of issues I might expect in the future, when I try to go "in depth", few steps further from printing.,..

Perhaps Evernote never wanted to be a professional product, silly thing is that they raised their fees to that.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, NedPG said:

It's interesting (disappointing) to see that printing issues are not addressed even years after reporting them. ... I wonder what kind of issues I might expect in the future

I'm not into printing, and I find the Evernote editor adequate for simple notes
For more serious work, I use dedicated products.  For example, word processing apps seem to work better

In life, we face many issues.  
Its interesting (disappointing) to see how some people address the issue

On 5/27/2017 at 3:33 PM, DTLow said:

I'm not into printing, and I find the Evernote editor adequate for simple notes
For more serious work, I use dedicated products.  For example, word processing apps seem to work better

In life, we face many issues.  
Its interesting (disappointing) to see how some people address the issue

Well, if an app that charges 60€ per year for premium version (or its users) in 2017. consider a printing task (to PDF as well) as an "advanced feature" then I guess I should go play some minesweeper...on 4K tv....

EN is presented as "professional" app, is charged so and I think such basic things should not be discussed at all. I understand bugs, different OS's, versions, etc...but this has been an issue for years (literally) and nothing changes.

And by the way, for "simple notes" you can use dozens and dozens much more simple apps. EN is/should be much more then " simple note taking app". 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, NedPG said:

And by the way, for "simple notes" you can use dozens and dozens much more simple apps. EN is/should be much more than " simple note taking app"

For me, the primary purpose of Evernote is the storage of my data.  

I use the note feature but it's limited.  On the business side, we're mostly an MS Word/Excel shop.  Most of my data is pdfs and images

On 27.5.2017 at 2:11 PM, NedPG said:

I have written the problem to the support, unfortunately without success. With the apple is the formatting ok. It is annoying that evernote does not solve the problem.

Printed Notiz:

ScreenShot045.jpg

Screenshot in Evernote from the Notiz:

ScreenShot044.jpg

• 10 months later...

Archived