Fonts changed when I uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote

I was trying to get the Outlook 2013 add-in to work so I uninstalled Evernote 5.9.9 and reinstalled it at 6.0.6. My fonts changed. Especially on the left hand side with the list of notebooks and tags. They are much bigger than I'd like. How do I restore the font I had? I went back to my other computer running an older version of Evernote, and those fonts are nice and small. I just can't find the setting anywhere.

• Ex Employees

Attached is a screenshot of the Left Panels from version 5 and 6.  I do not see any significant changes with the fonts. Can you send a screenshot from your end? 

The move of the search bar is part of the version 6 redesign. You can learn more about these changes here:

Win 5vs6.jpg

It happened after I uninstalled Evernote and reinstalled it. So I don't think I changed any scaling or resolution. It is at 1440 x 900 on the big font one, and 1600 x 900 for the small one. So not too far off. To me, the fonts look way different. OK, just changed the large one to 1920 x 1080, but the fonts still look too big proportionately.

I assume you have looked and checked that the same font and size is set as the default font in both versions. Tools -> options -> note tab. Surprisingly the default font affects both new notes and existing notes.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Mike P said:

Surprisingly the default font affects both new notes and existing notes.

The default font applies to any notes created using the default font for as long as you have used EN.  Not a bad thing IMO, otherwise if changing default font worked on a go forward basis we would have multiple default fonts, which wold sort of defeat the purpose.  ;)

9 hours ago, Mike P said:

I assume you have looked and checked that the same font and size is set as the default font in both versions. Tools -> options -> note tab. Surprisingly the default font affects both new notes and existing notes.

Yes, I had, and it was Tahoma 10. But notice that what I showed in the screen shots are the left bar with the list of tags.

Archived