Editing Micosoft Office Docs on Android

HI folks,

Has Evernote ever overcome the problems of not being able to edit MS Office docs on Android devices?  The latest info I can find on this was dated 2012 - so has there been a fix for this issue?  I  created an Excel file on my pc, attached the file to a note in evernote, and then opened it on my android device (which has Excel)  - the file opens fine - but it is a read only file.  I need to be able to edit and save this file from multiple devices - not just on my computer!    I am seeing some work arounds - like using Drop box or purchasing a program like OfficeSuite 8 -  or just forgetting about evernote and using google docs etc - but those are all extra steps - just sticking with evernote would be simpler if this issue has been fixed, since all the rest of my notes related to spreadsheet are in the associated evernote file.  Any suggestions would be appreciated - I have a project I need to do today away from office and planned on using my Galaxy Note 5 and  a Bluetooth keyboard. 

Thanks,

Rob

• Level 5

In the current version of the Android app (7.8.2, which I use on a Samsung Note 4 Edge), if I tap on an Office doc, I get a popup that asks whether I want to Edit or View. Curiously, whichever one I select, the document opens editably in my default Office app (I use Hancom rather than the actual MS Office apps). I just tested attaching a doc to a note on my desktop, syncing, going to the phone, tapping the attached doc, selecting Edit, making a change, saving, syncing, and opening the attachment in Word on my desktop, and the edit was in place as it should be. Hope this helps.

Thanks Dave,

- Just to be clear - are you using Hancom to edit MS Office Docs, or using Hancom to edit Hancom versions of MS Office Docs?  I am not familiar with Hancom, but in some of the reviews it is compared to MS Office - so I am not sure if it is meant to replace MS Office which I already have on my phone, or to be used in conjunction with it?

Thanks,

Rob

• Level 5

I'm using Hancom to edit MS Office docs--the one I tested was created in Word on my desktop. Hancom is meant as an Office replacement app. I find that it works well and has a number of useful features. However, I don't do much serious work using Office docs on my phone, so I don't know how well it would serve your purposes.

Archived