My newbie path to Scan receipt or doc w Google Drive & import to Evernote

Am I missing an easier way, is this the norm? The path I came up with to scan a receipt into Evernote with my smart phone~ Open Google Drive, hit the + button, choose the camera "Scan" icon. Take pic with the blue dot, be sure to hit the check button to save! Mine waits for wifi to upload. It saves as a new pdf file in Google Drive. (mine takes a couple minutes, waits for wifi) Went into Evernote on the phone (I couldn't see how from Evernote (program or web) on computer), hit the green + button, choose "Attachment", scroll down to the scanned item, hit the green check button up on the left.  It made it!  It took me a few tries to achieve! (my smartphone is a Galaxy S5, android)

• Level 5*
On May 29, 2016 at 5:57 PM, lisaandtheword said:

Am I missing an easier way, is this the norm? The path I came up with to scan a receipt into Evernote with my smart phone~ Open Google Drive, hit the + button, choose the camera "Scan" icon. Take pic with the blue dot, be sure to hit the check button to save! Mine waits for wifi to upload. It saves as a new pdf file in Google Drive. (mine takes a couple minutes, waits for wifi) Went into Evernote on the phone (I couldn't see how from Evernote (program or web) on computer), hit the green + button, choose "Attachment", scroll down to the scanned item, hit the green check button up on the left.  It made it!  It took me a few tries to achieve! (my smartphone is a Galaxy S5, android)

On my iPhone/iPad I have a camera icon at the top of a note.  I just press that and the receipt is scanned and added as an attachment, bypassing the Google Drive step.

• Level 5

The same is true on my Android phone. Also, when creating a new note by tapping the green +, a column of buttons appears. One of these should be Camera. Tapping that opens the Evernote camera to take a pic, and when you save that, it's placed into a new note. If Camera is not in your column of buttons, it can be configured: tap the menu button (3 stacked dots at top right; or 3 stacked lines at top left), tap Settings, tap Notes, then tap Customize + Button. You can specify 6 actions to appear when tapping the green +, and arrange them in the order you want.

Archived