Error Message on Startup (AppStore)

Hi there,

i bought Evernote Premium via AppStore (I'd never do that again...) and i actually have the problem, that on every start of Evernote i'm asked to log into my iTunes-Account. Afterwards i get an Error that my Transaction could not be completed, although i can use the Premium Version of Evernote.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? Is there any solution?

Best Regards!

• Level 5*

You don't have to stay with the AppStore version of the software.
You can remove the Evernote app from your Mac, and reinstall from www.evernote.com
Your database will be rebuilt from the Evernote servers (except for local notebooks)

Ususally I'd suggest opening a support ticket however they'd probably refer you to Apple support.  There's a link below in my signature section.

5 hours ago, BirdyB said:

Hi there,

i bought Evernote Premium via AppStore (I'd never do that again...) and i actually have the problem, that on every start of Evernote i'm asked to log into my iTunes-Account. Afterwards i get an Error that my Transaction could not be completed, although i can use the Premium Version of Evernote.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? Is there any solution?

Best Regards!

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

You don't have to stay with the AppStore version of the software.
You can remove the Evernote app from your Mac, and reinstall from www.evernote.com
Your database will be rebuilt from the Evernote servers (except for local notebooks)

Ususally I'd suggest opening a support ticket however they'd probably refer you to Apple support.  There's a link below in my signature section.

Hey there @BirdyB,

You can find instructions for switching from the version of the application downloaded from the Mac App Store to the version downloaded from our website at our Support Center at this link.

We generally recommend using the version downloaded from our website and keeping that version updated. If you experience any issues transitioning to the direct download version from the Mac App Store version, use the link in my signature to create a support ticket and post the number here so I can follow up on it for you. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29 May 2016 at 3:11 PM, BSR said:

Hey there @BirdyB,

You can find instructions for switching from the version of the application downloaded from the Mac App Store to the version downloaded from our website at our Support Center at this link.

We generally recommend using the version downloaded from our website and keeping that version updated. If you experience any issues transitioning to the direct download version from the Mac App Store version, use the link in my signature to create a support ticket and post the number here so I can follow up on it for you. 

Hi BSR

I have the same problem as BirdyB. I pay the Mac App Store £3.99/month for Evernote Premium. If I do what you suggest, does that mean I stop subscribing to Evernote Premium via the Mac App Store and start subscribing direct via Evernote? If so, where is the Evernote Premium monthly payment option promoted on your website, because at the moment I only see an annual fee option?

Mark

On 6/14/2016 at 3:21 PM, BirdyB said:

Hi,

you can just keep your subscription via app-store, you just need to install the software directly from evernote.

For me that just works fine.

Best Regards!

Hi @MarkieTee,

@BirdyB is spot on; you can keep the current subscription through the iTunes and also use the version of the application downloaded from our website at evernote.com/download.

Please make sure you are using the steps here when switching from the Mac App Store version of Evernote to the direct download version:

What is the difference in Evernote for Mac at Evernote.com versus the Mac App Store?

Cheers!

Archived