Clipping to local notebook

I just recently made some local notebooks for the first time. I noticed that I can't clip to these notebooks from the Web Clipper (Safari). The local notebooks don't appear in the choices in the popdown menu of available notebooks at all. Has this always the case and I didn't know, or is it a bug? If it's a feature, I'm not sure I see the rationale for not being able to clip something into my own local, unsychronized notebooks. I thought any notebook I can access (I'm only using Evernote for myself) could be clipped into from the Web Clipper?

I can still clip to my default (sychronized) notebook, but then I have to move the clipped item from the default notebook to the local notebook I want it to go into, which is a tedious workaround, though not insurmountable.

Can somebody explain this to me?

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, Bear in the Trunk said:

I just recently made some local notebooks for the first time. I noticed that I can't clip to these notebooks from the Web Clipper (Safari). They don't appear in the choices in the popdown menu of available notebooks at all. Has this always the case and I didn't know, or is it a bug? If it's a feature, I'm not sure I see the rationale for not being able to clip something into my own unsychronized notebooks. I thought any notebook I can access (I'm only using Evernote for myself) could be clipped into from the Web Clipper?

I can still clip to my default (sychronized) notebook (or several), but then I have to move the clipped item from the default notebook to the local notebook I want it to go into, which is a bit tedious.

Can somebody explain this to me?

This was discussed here https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/67759-is-is-possible-to-use-web-clipper-to-clip-directly-to-a-local-notebook/?do=findComment&comment=304579

@ScottLougheed provided details

As you noted, the data is clipped to the Evernote servers, and only available after syncing; I.e, sync'd notebooks, not local notebooks

• Shane D. locked and featured this topic
  • Shane D. unfeatured this topic

Archived