Feature request: a way to email a note into evernote and share it in the same operation

tmyers4096

Idea

I would like to be able to email content to my evernote account, creating a new note, and specifying users to share it with in the same email operation, i.e. with a subject line syntax element. Thanks.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, tmyers4096 said:

I would like to be able to email content to my evernote account, creating a new note, and specifying users to share it with in the same email operation, i.e. with a subject line syntax element. Thanks.

Currently, notes can be shared via public url.  You distribute the url to other users and that is the only access control.

Are you proposing that when Evernote receives the email, it would create the public url and email it to the list of users?

If that is the way it would work, yes. Thus far I have only tried sharing notes with one (non-Premium) user. So far there are issues,  not sure how much due to other user's unfamiliarity with app - but that's a side-issue.  She may get an email when I share a note with her, I wouldn't know, but she interacts with the note from a chat window when she logs into evernote app on her iPhone. That is the only place she sees the note, not in a notebook. So, I explicitly shared the existing notes with her. I would like to be able to eliminate that explicit step when I create a note by email that I would also like to share.

Archived