How to retrieve saved notes that got lost on Android

Wondered if there is any way to retrieve text notes that disappeared after saving?

This is how it went down:
I did hit the save button (check mark) after writing my text entry ->
went back to overview that displays the latest entrys -> 
updated the overview -> 
got timed out ->
forced the app shut -> restarted and it was gone.

Where did it go?

I was on 4G mobile internet connection at the time which could be unstable, but surely there must be a local temp-file on my device if that happens?
I did check the "com.evernote" folder and found it empty (not updated since april 1st)

HTC One 
Andriod version 5.0.2
Evernote version 7.8.2 

Hello @Hello Goodbye,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums. When the application shut down automatically, it is possible that the note could either have a conflicting note found in your notebook section under "Conflicting Notebook" or possibly in the Trash Notebook.

Please check both places and let me know if you find it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Matt for replying.

I couldn't find any trace of it in the sections you mention. Could not even find the sections t b h.
On my desktop application though, I did find the Trash section but unfortunately it was empty.

Maybe I should point out that I'm running the Basic version, and also that the application did not shut down automatically in my case.

Please let me know if you have any further suggestions or ideas!

• 3 weeks later...

Have you ever met the problem about losing your files on your phone suddenly? I have once lost my contacts and messages on my Samsung Galaxy S3, and I get all them back with the help of an Android Data Recovery tool.

The Android Data Recovery program will assist you to recover not only SMS text messages , but also recover deleted photos from samsung galaxy and videos and contacts from Android phone or tablet. Which help safeguard your phone, set it up for easy recovery when it gets lost, and prevent your data from falling into the wrong hands.

On 6/23/2016 at 3:56 PM, lesliecart said:

Have you ever met the problem about losing your files on your phone suddenly? I have once lost my contacts and messages on my Samsung Galaxy S3, and I get all them back with the help of an Android Data Recovery tool.

The Android Data Recovery program will assist you to recover not only SMS text messages , but also recover deleted photos from samsung galaxy and videos and contacts from Android phone or tablet. Which help safeguard your phone, set it up for easy recovery when it gets lost, and prevent your data from falling into the wrong hands.

Thanks for the suggestion. I helped me restore the deleted notes. 

• 6 months later...
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Please do not use these forums to promote other software, especially software that is not relevant to the way Evernote works. Thank you.

Nice catch -- they edited the post to add the link later on -- when I read it, there was no link. In the future, please feel free to use the "Report post" link at the top of the post, to the right of the post time. I just did it to this one...

• Level 5

Yes, I did report it before I added that post. I thought it might be good to say something here, not so much as a request to the poster (who is unlikely to care about being busted), but as a warning to newer users, who might be misled into thinking such an approach might actually work.

Archived