Assistance Needed: Half of Note Erased By Accident

necronovelist

Hello! If someone could help me out, I would be very grateful.

I use the free web version of Evernote regularly. It's a bit glitchy, but usually in a manageable way, and it's so helpful to me.

However, today one of the small glitches led to a somewhat major mistake. I believe I was making a numbered list inside of one of my already existing notes when I made a typo. I attempted to erase the line but it refused to erase. This has happened before. The text will visually appear to be there, and even let me place my cursor inside of it, but it will not let me erase or edit it. This time, as I continued attempting to erase before realizing this glitch had taken place, it wouldn't even let me click inside of most of the note's text.

When I refreshed, it asked me if I really wanted to because changes may be not saved, but I was fine with that. Most of the note had already been written before I began this new edit. But when I go back to the note, over half it was gone! To be clear, the entire note wasn't deleted, I know how to retrieve that, but half the note was overwritten as I continued typing before I realized the text was glitching out.

None of the information was too critical, but it is important to me. I'd love it if someone knew a way to be able to retrieve this information from previously saved versions of this note.

I refreshed so undo wouldn't work. I attempted to save it from my phone (Android, the only other device I regularly use Evernote on) before it synced, but when I turned on the Wifi to email it to myself, it quickly synced and only sent the written over version.

My web searches gave nothing. I saw a feature called Note History from the premium version suggested, but if it hasn't been already activated, then I don't how it could retrieve it from a previous change. I would be willing to pay for Premium temporarily just to retrieve this information if it somehow could access changes made before activation. I almost exclusively use the Web version as well, and I'm not certain if that features work on this version.

So if anyone could tell me if Note History retrieves changes made before activation on the Web version, or if there's another way I could retrieve this information, it would make me so happy!!

• Level 5*

First look in the trash to see if the notes are there and then just restore them if they are.

Otherwise, note history won't let you recover deleted notes, only previous versions of existing notes.  You need to have created backups of your notes in order to recover an accidentally deleted note

• Level 5*
On May 23, 2016 at 10:13 PM, necronovelist said:

So if anyone could tell me if Note History retrieves changes made before activation on the Web version, or if there's another way I could retrieve this information, it would make me so happy!!

Note history sound like the solution to your issue

My understanding is that it is active, backing up your note changes and the information is kept until you delete the note
However, you need a paid account to access the saved information
It might be worth it for you to upgrade your account for a month just to access the note history.

Archived