Forced to use Onenote - pasting anything but pure text places cursor at the start of a note

Hi,

I am using Evernote for Windows version 6.0.6.1769 (301769). When pasting anything but pure text in a note Evernote places the cursor at the start of the note. For long notes when pasting in the middle of a note this is so irritating that I have to use MS Onenote instead. This was not a problem before and it is only happening with the latest version.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is the Evernote team working on a fix? 

Thanks,

Marko

On 5/25/2016 at 10:27 PM, emerick said:

This should be fixed in the final version of 6.1, available soon.

You'll pardon me if I don't hold my breath, Emerick. Frankly, I am so disgusted with Evernote that I am actively seeking a replacement for your software. Pray that I don't win the lottery, because I'll buy your company, herd your staff into the street, and burn the building down. I am THAT angry at the junk I've dealt with from you clowns today. 

Maybe if you hadn't ignored the space stripping bug for FIVE YEARS, we users would feel like we could work with you. Maybe if I hadn't just discovered that your install software stuck the web clipper on my computer WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, we'd feel like we could trust you. Maybe if you hadn't decided to start using the Android widget to spam your featured products until users lost their friggin' minds, we'd be willing to work with you. Maybe if your bloody forums weren't chock full of people complaining that you CONSTANTLY roll out new features without FIXING THE OLD ONES that don't work, you wouldn't be looking down the barrels of my frustrated hatred right now.

I've written one star reviews for you on every website I can find. I figure, if you're going to waste my writing time making me troubleshoot basic operations that shouldn't be an issue, like simple CUT and PASTE, then the very least I can do is see if I can convince two or three people out there NOT to buy your product. 

My problem is that I have 351 notes and over 250,000 words in your stupid software that now I have to figure out how to move elsewhere. 

We're ticked off and we have the right to be. You have no one to blame but yourself.

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, Coach Wade said:

herd your staff into the street, and burn the building down

Perhaps this has become an issue for the police to address

Just now, DTLow said:

Perhaps this has become an issue for the police to address

Your inability to understand satire is one of a great number of things that you have problems with. Please, please, get the police involved. I would love for you to be charged with filing a false police report. I have broken no laws and committed no crimes. 

Do not quote me out of context again. In fact. Don't quote me and don't reply to me again. I certainly hope that is clear. You have nothing to say that is worthwhile to read. You are offensive, and you are interfering with the ability of the paying customer to present his point of view to the company he pays. 

You have reading comprehension problems, so I'll say it another way: You were told once already to shut up. Do so.

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, Coach Wade said:

Do not quote me out of context again.

I did not include the full text of your rant, just the specific text that I was flagging for Evernote review.
The intention was not to quote you out of context, just to include a refer back to your post.

>>Your inability to understand satire is one of a great number of things that you have problems with
I'll work on the satire thing
>>You are offensive......You have reading comprehension problems
More things  to work on

>>Don't quote me and don't reply to me again  ....   You were told once already to shut up. Do so.
No, not going to happen

• gbarry locked this topic

Archived