Outlook 2007 integration with Evernote???

My company utilizes Outlook 2007. I have used Evernote for many years and always had integration such as I could open an appointment and 'send to evernote' and it would open the note with all the appointment details in it and allow for me to document the call.  I lost this integration and can't figure out how to make it work.  Thanks

I would like an answer to this as well.  I used the Evernote add-in in Outlook 2007 without problem, but recently have not been able to get the add-in working.  Evernote Clipper shows as an active add-in in the Security Trust Center.

Hey @Bestes & @MarkML1,

Outlook 2007 is no longer supported with the newest Evernote version 6.0. The best option is to update to Outlook 2010 or newer. This is preferred to get the most current Evernote features.

The second option is to un-install 6.0 and re-install 5.9.9, which is the last version that still works with Outlook 2007. Please understand we will not be able to troubleshoot Outlook 2007 issues, even with the older Evernote version. Microsoft no longer offers general support for 2007 and we are no longer able to either.

If you prefer to go back to 5.9.9 in the meantime, here are the instructions to do so.

To reinstall Evernote for Windows, follow these steps:

1. If Evernote is running, select File > Exit from the menu bar to exit the Evernote app
2. Click the 'Start' button to open your Start menu
3. Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program
4. Select Evernote, then click Uninstall
5. Restart your computer
6. Exit Internet Explorer and Outlook (if installed & open)
7. Download and install (as an administrator) Evernote for Windows from here.
8. Open Evernote and log in to your Evernote account

Important: Once installed, open Evernote from the Windows Start Menu (not from the shortcut icon on your desktop). This is what triggers the actual install for the Add-in in Outlook.

Please note that in addition to our Customer Support Team being unable to help troubleshoot any Outlook 2007 issues, we will also be unable to help resolve any bug issues that may be present in version 5.9.9, as the application upgrades help to resolve these. If you don't want to downgrade your Evernote application, you can still email your notes directly into Evernote without using the Evernote Add-in.

Shame ! I can't believe that developers cannot let an open door for an Outlook 2007 integration. Or is it all about forcing people into Outlook 2010/2013 ? Personally I can't afford to upgrade to an newer version of outlook. And so this definitely means I'm stuck on a 5.9.9 Evernote version for a long time then if I wish to keep the clipper ! What a disgrace ! I paid for an Evernote account for the ability to clip into Outlook and Firefox ... not to downgrade !!

My trust in this software has taken a blow. I'm working on Vista ... will one day developers require from me to upgrade to windows 10 ? get rid of my computer and buy a new one ?

What a sad conception of what updating software means ...

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same problem for me ! I have just renewed my subscription after using Microsoft Outlook 2007 very successfully with Evernote for clipping, but now after the upgrade, not able to do so anymore. Very bummed out about it ! Such a hassle without the option to clip from email !!

Not renewing my Evernote account next year !

Notability, here I come.......

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Waffa said:

Same problem for me ! I have just renewed my subscription after using Microsoft Outlook 2007 very successfully with Evernote for clipping, but now after the upgrade, not able to do so anymore. Very bummed out about it ! Such a hassle without the option to clip from email !!

Not renewing my Evernote account next year !

Notability, here I come.......

I like Notability and use it all the time for serious note taking.

I don't think  you'll be happy with the Notability's Outlook integration

• 9 months later...

I used to be able to sync Outlook 2016 with my Evernote and I would be able to use Outlook meeting names as the titles of my Evernote files.  This kept matching my notes with the meetings they were assigned to very easy.  When I updated Evernote on my iPad a few months ago I stopped being able to do that.  I can use Evernote clipper in Outlook, but the ability to link Evernotes with particular Outlook calendar items was lost.  Is there any way I could get this integration to happen again?

Archived