Unable to Update Client Software

I use Evernote for work as well as for personal things and have the Windows client installed on my computer at work. Since the installation of some new security & monitoring software at work (WebMarshal) I can't download updates to the client. However, I can still sync all my notes so there isn't a complete failure/block. I've spoken to the System Administrator and they have no issue with Evernote so it's not something they're stopping me from doing and they're happy to sort it out for me. Are there any bits of info I need to give them to help them out (e.g. URLs of update servers for whitelisting, etc.)?

• Ex Employees

There could be several reasons why the in-app update flow will not work. It may or may not be related to the your employer's security settings. Can you try to uninstall and then install the latest version from:  https://evernote.com/evernote/

If you cannot update by installing the latest version from the link above. Please submit a support ticket using the link in my signature. 

Thanks for this, I've uninstalled the software and downloaded version 6.0.6(?) from the website and that installed without an issue. I had assumed it was something to do with the web software as the issue happened right at the same time. I'll keep an eye on it.

• Ex Employees

1 hour ago, TheAlmanac said:

I've uninstalled the software and downloaded version 6.0.6(?) from the website and that installed without an issue.

good to hear. Evernote for Windows 6.0.6 is currently the latest General release available. 

Archived