Web Clipping VS. Copy-Pasting confusion

Hello, I'm a bit frustrated about two things that happen whenever I clip notes: sometimes the words will bunch up as they do in the image I've uploaded; other times when clipping something from, say, Wikipedia, the text is wide enough that I would need to use the horizontal scroll bar to read everything. The confounding part is that none of these things occur when I copy and paste anything directly from the web. I've uploaded two images of the same Wikipedia article. Notice that formatting is not only preserved in one of them, but I can also read the article within the limits of my screen. 

Is there something I can do?

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

asffaf.png

The problem could be reproduced: I agree, Wikipedia clipping should work better when using Article/Simplified Article. We'll have a look.

Workaround for the scroll bar issue: Make the window narrower before clipping.

I usually have to double-back and survey my clipped notes because of the strange formatting errors. I can't say for sure if its the particulars of my screen resolution or what, but the scroll bar can be irksome for reading (my laptop has a small screen and smaller resolution). The bunched up lines of text started happening recently, I'm not sure what's up with that! If it helps, here's a link to the page where two lines bunched up for me: http://tinydonkey.fairytalereview.com/2016/04/hedgehogs-the-keepers-of-order-and-knowledge-in-slavic-fairy-tales/

My workaround for both problems, as I mentioned, is just pasting everything manually if there's a problem. 

Thanks!

Untitled.png

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, Kanashi Ningen said:

Hello, I'm a bit frustrated about two things that happen whenever I clip notes: sometimes the words will bunch up as they do in the image I've uploaded; other times when clipping something from, say, Wikipedia, the text is wide enough that I would need to use the horizontal scroll bar to read everything.

I agree the EN Web clipping needs to be improved.

Until it is, I have found that applying Format > Simplify Formatting (or ⇧⌘F ) in the Note (after clipping) works in most cases.

• 3 months later...

Archived