Clicking in search field brings up Notebook Selector

tims96

Idea

I'm experiencing what I think may be a bug. I'm using Side List view and want to perform a search, so I click in the search field in the upper right corner. Instead of immediately presenting a text cursor, a dropdown menu appears with all of my notebooks listed. This menu only appears when I click in the left third or so of the search box. When I click on the right side of the search box, it behaves as expected: a text cursor appears that allows me to start typing my search terms.

It's as if there's a hidden dropdown menu that is being activated when I click on the left side of the search box. Is this intentional? If so, there should be more clear design cues to let me know that I'm clicking on a menu and not in a normal search box.

*I know, I should be using keyboard shortcuts. I do sometimes, but still think this behavior is confusing and should be addressed.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
47 minutes ago, tims96 said:

I'm experiencing what I think may be a bug. I'm using Side List view and want to perform a search, so I click in the search field in the upper right corner. Instead of immediately presenting a text cursor, a dropdown menu appears with all of my notebooks listed. This menu only appears when I click in the left third or so of the search box. When I click on the right side of the search box, it behaves as expected: a text cursor appears that allows me to start typing my search terms.

It's as if there's a hidden dropdown menu that is being activated when I click on the left side of the search box. Is this intentional? If so, there should be more clear design cues to let me know that I'm clicking on a menu and not in a normal search box.

*I know, I should be using keyboard shortcuts. I do sometimes, but still think this behavior is confusing and should be addressed.

When I click in a blank search box, I get the dropdown displayed below; no difference between the left/right sides.  I can chose from the dropdown, or start typing my search parameters

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 8.40.19 AM.png

Archived