How to know general statistics (number of notebooks, tags, etc.) in Evernote 6

Hello everybody,

I wanted to know if any of you have an idea how to get the total number of notebooks and tags, especially for checking the limits of every Evernote account (250 personal notebooks & 100.000 tags per account.)

Thanks in Advance.

Carlos

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

Don't know that you can see total tags and notebooks in the Windows version.  You can see total tags in the IOS version, FWIW.

• 3 months later...

In Evernote 5 Windows I could see the number of notebooks in the area where all the notebook titles appeared if you made a new notebook.  This view has disappeared, together with this useful number.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Evernote has a unique method to count the number of synchronized notebooks. All you have to do is create notebooks, one at a time, until Evernote warns you that you have reached the limit. At that point, you know you have 250 synchronized notebooks.

They have not developed a system to count the number of local notebooks. I believe the H.R. department is trying to hire some Mesopotamians or Babylonians to develop an Evernote-based counting system.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • 9 months later...

They used to tell you online how many notebooks you had Now you can't tell from what I can see.

If you pass 250 which I did once, it was a nightmare. they might have fixed that now...but I would think they sould tell you how many you have...it makes it very difficult to move forward with buidling notebooks.

In addition, I can't find my #inbox notebook, it's there, it doesn't lsit in the notebooks alphabetical. I am thinking about changing to one note.

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5

On my PC, I can hover the mouse pointer right over the little arrow or triangle that collapses and uncollapses the notebooks list or tags list and get a count to pop up. I don't actually have to click it. But I do have to be very precise about getting the mouse exactly over the arrow, not over anything else in that header. If this is not working for you, I'd suggest exiting Evernote entirely (use the File menu, then Exit; the red X-box only closes the interface). Then restart it. That often cleans up flaky program behavior.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 months later...

I found a way to do this on Android, FWIW.

On EN for Android go to your account overview window > settings > notebooks, then there's an option for offline notebooks.  When you click that an option appears that says "make all notebooks offline".  After selecting that option a counter appears that shows how many notebooks one has.Screenshot_20171220-214446.thumb.png.e9c34bbda8c2b4f12b1393ff8ee835cf.png

Screenshot_20171220-214452.png

• 2 months later...
On 5/31/2017 at 11:41 AM, Austin G said:

To view the notebook count, place the cursor over the collapse/expand symbol to the left of the notebook section in the left panel. Same for tags. 

ScreenClip [2].png

All I get using this method is:

"click to show all notebooks"

Any other way to get notebook and note count?

Version 6.9.7.6770

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Yes, this is a piss poor UI layout.

There are three items that are on the Notebook line
1.) Very small arrow
2.) Notebook icon
3.) Text "Notebooks"

If you hover over 2.) or 3.) you will see the prompt "Click to see all notebooks (Shift and F6)

If you hover exactly and precisely over 1.) you will see the prompt "Notebooks count xx"

The reason I called this piss poor is that it will not work consistently. You can not slide from 2.) to 1.) because the prompt won't change.

The only solution is to first click somewhere else and then quickly sneak over to 1.) and hover to see the count.

I've mentioned this before. Terrible, terrible UI layout.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, TIddly27 said:

All I get using this method is:

"click to show all notebooks"

Any other way to get notebook and note count?

Version 6.9.7.6770

You have to hover over the caret on the left.

• Level 5
56 minutes ago, CalS said:

You have to hover over the caret on the left.

If you move the hovered mouse over the "notebooks icon" to the small arrow (caret), the information does not change. It remains stuck on "click to show all notes"

You have to avoid going over the "notebooks icon" by sneaking up to the arrow or sneaking down to the arrow. 

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

How about figuring out count of notebooks (and I am actually interested in exporting a list of them) using web Evernote (via browser) on my PC? According to this thread Web Notebook "Export?" it is not possible, I guess?

• 2 years later...