I need some serious help please

Good Afternoon,

I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread. This is the only button I found to ad a new topic.

A whole bunch of documents that I scanned from my new Fujitsu ix500 to Evernote on my surface pro 3 were synced to Evernote. But  I can not open any of those files. I am trying to openn them on my office computer which runs on Windows 7 or on my Android app. I even went to Evernote online. But they are all the same. Is there a reason for this? But mainly is there away I could change them back to pdf?

And if not, is it still possible that these files were saved on my surface pro3 as pdfs and I can find them there. And this just happened while I did the  sync from my Surface. Maybe the wireless  connection messed it up?

I think I didn't shred the documents yet. But I'm talking a lot of documents. I did check if they look good before I stamped them scanned. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated please.  

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, 1Friendlyman said:

A whole bunch of documents that I scanned from my new Fujitsu ix500 to Evernote on my surface pro 3 were synced to Evernote

We need more info to help you:

1. What format did you use for the scanned files, PDF or JPG?
  2. What versions of OS and Evernote are you running?
  3. Can you open the Notes and the scanned files from Evernote on your Surface Pro 3?
  4. Do the scanned files still exist on your Surface Pro, or were they deleted after import to Evernote?
9 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

3. Can you open the Notes and the scanned files from Evernote on your Surface Pro 3?
  4. Do the scanned files still exist on your Surface Pro, or were they deleted after import to Evernote?

Hi, 

Sorry for the delay.

I assumed it saved as a pdf.

I'm using windows 10 and I checked if the evernote app on the surface pro3 is updated. It said no updates available. 

I just checked. The issue seams to be on all devices.

It was saved to evernote directly from scansnap. I was try find if they were saveed any where else? but I assume not if they were saved directly to evernote. Is this usually the case with scansnap?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2016 at 1:32 AM, JMichaelTX said:

Hi, 

I just realized, No matter which device I use to scan or save the document. The files change to dic or aff. Its killing me. 

• Level 5

If you don't want to or can't scan the documents again (once the settings are sorted out), search online for "convert dic file to pdf", etc. There are tools that can make file conversions, hopefully even batch conversions rather than opening each file one at a time. You couldn't do this in Evernote--you'd have to save them from Evernote to the hard drive and do the conversion there, then move them back into Evernote. So it doesn't look like there's a pain-free solution! But there are solutions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2016 at 1:32 AM, JMichaelTX said:

I can not open or find any app or program to open these files. I have windows 7 on one desk top and windows 10 on my Surface pro 3. And I use an android. 

I since realized that, I'm now doubting it has to do with the new scanner. Because I haven't used it  in a while and I still see a whole bunch of files getting saved to these formats. 

Dose it have to do with the syncing from one system to the other? They are all updated. 

On 5/23/2016 at 0:13 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

If you don't want to or can't scan the documents again (once the settings are sorted out), search online for "convert dic file to pdf", etc. There are tools that can make file conversions, hopefully even batch conversions rather than opening each file one at a time. You couldn't do this in Evernote--you'd have to save them from Evernote to the hard drive and do the conversion there, then move them back into Evernote. So it doesn't look like there's a pain-free solution! But there are solutions.

Thank you for your post. Not one app or program would convert it.

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, 1Friendlyman said:

I can not open or find any app or program to open these files. I have windows 7 on one desk top and windows 10 on my Surface pro 3. And I use an android. 

I since realized that, I'm now doubting it has to do with the new scanner. Because I haven't used it  in a while and I still see a whole bunch of files getting saved to these formats. 

Dose it have to do with the syncing from one system to the other? They are all updated. 

Sometimes if you look at the file contents you can get an idea of the source for the files.

If you can post a sample of the files, I'll take a look.

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

Sometimes if you look at the file contents you can get an idea of the source for the files.

If you can post a sample of the files, I'll take a look.

I can't really know what the files are. So I need to try to figure that out. 

Archived