How to send an evernote within gmail

I realize I can send an evernote from the evernote app or web to an email address. I'm trying to see if anyone knows of a way to send evernotes from WITHIN gmail. Not copy and paste to gmail. Access and send evernotes from gmail.

Any answers?

@BrentonJJ If you want to send an email to someone and have that Email contain an Evernote note, you can grab the public URL of that note, then embed that link into the email. Keep in mind that this will be a PUBLIC URL, so anyone who has access to that URL will be able to read the contents of the Note. If you wish to send a note privately, your best option may be to use Evernote Work Chat to send the note to the other person. Use Work Chat from the Share menu.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, briancaldwell said:

@BrentonJJ If you want to send an email to someone and have that Email contain an Evernote note, you can grab the public URL of that note, then embed that link into the email.

@BrentonJJ:

I like, and often use, Brian's idea of sending a Public URL via email (although technically this does NOT embed the Note in the email).  
I like the Public URL because:

1. You can update the Note at any time, and the recipient can always have access to  the latest version just by clicking on the link again.
  2. It retains the Note format very well, unlike when you embed the Note contents in an email.
  3. If the recipient does have an Evernote account, it is easy for them to add your Note to their account, but as a COPY (will NOT be changed if you revise your Note).
  4. I feel like it is secure because, although anyone with access to the link can view it, the note web page created by the public URL is NOT discoverable via any means of search (outside of your EN account) that I know of.
    • If the info was very sensitive, then I would just attach an encrypted PDF to the note
    • Send the PDF password to intended recipients separately.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

• Level 5

Is this what you're looking for: "How to save email into Evernote"? Basically, you can send an email to your Evernote email address (found under Account Info; that Web page tells where to find it), and your email will appear as a new note with the email's subject line as its title. You can add special characters to the subject line to set which notebook to save it to, tags to use, reminders, etc.

Archived