How to search tags after update?

Hello @wirtual82,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums. We have made some changes to the way tags are searched for in Evernote for Windows since the 6.0 update.

To be able to delete the tag within a note, simply hover your cursor over the tag and a blue "X" will appear and from there it can be removed from the note.

To search for a tag you will simply click on the desired notebook you want to search in and then you will see the search bar appear above the section of notes in the notebook. At that point you can search for the name of the tag or type in "tag:insert tag name here" and hit ENTER.

On 3.05.2016 at 8:31 PM, Matt W. said:

Hello @wirtual82,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums. We have made some changes to the way tags are searched for in Evernote for Windows since the 6.0 update.

To be able to delete the tag within a note, simply hover your cursor over the tag and a blue "X" will appear and from there it can be removed from the note.

To search for a tag you will simply click on the desired notebook you want to search in and then you will see the search bar appear above the section of notes in the notebook. At that point you can search for the name of the tag or type in "tag:insert tag name here" and hit ENTER.

Hello,

Thanks for the answer. Why did you make those changes? I think it was perfect. Now it brings not only confusion, but also a lot less convienence. And I think there should be ONE main search bar like it used to be. Perfect solutions should never be degraded. I mean, it is not better right now - after those changes - unless I miss something here. I am not sure what kind of improvement it this?

Hello @wirtual82,

The idea behind the change was to better differentiate business for personal notes and notebooks. With these changes it made it have an additional step to be able to accomplish the search functionality like you previously were able to do. This is something we are still looking into and appreciate the feedback.

22 hours ago, Matt W. said:

Hello @wirtual82,

The idea behind the change was to better differentiate business for personal notes and notebooks. With these changes it made it have an additional step to be able to accomplish the search functionality like you previously were able to do. This is something we are still looking into and appreciate the feedback.

While I understand what you attempted to do, it is a step back in my opinion. I need to click one space, type in a tag, and go from there. If you wanted to innovate, allow searching for multiple tags without having to use "tag:name of tag". An example of this would be to have a drop down with the tags while you type like it did before, but allow me to click the tag (or arrow down) then type another word, if it is a tag, again I can click the tag or arrow down. This allows me to drill down into my notes that have multiple tags. 

I am in your ecosystem, living happily. Please stop bulldozing my condo and telling me it is for the best. There is another green pasture just over that fence. Should I move?

On 5/10/2016 at 0:26 PM, Matt W. said:

Hello @wirtual82,

Yes, please bring back the ability to search for notes by tag, which previously worked perfectly! The current search capability is clearly less user friendly with respect to tags.

On 5/10/2016 at 11:26 AM, Matt W. said:

Hello @wirtual82,

This attempted improvement is a massive step backwards and makes Evernote far from useful and extremely cumbersome.  I have a great deal of notes both Personal and Business with much overlap.  I perform dozens of searches daily and instead of searching once and getting everything I need I must view Personal Notes, type in my search criteria, switch to business and retype the search criteria.

Whatever decision-maker felt such a fundamental change was a good idea needs to start listening to the rest of the team - I refuse to believe the Evernote Team was part of this drastic change and nobody objected for ridiculously obvious reasons.

I'm highly annoyed that a tool that I've been using for years and rely on day in and day out has been essentially broken overnight by a short-sighted change.

Furthermore, how on earth are we supposed to move notes between Business and Personal notebooks now??  Before it was easy as can be, simply pick the notebook from the list.  Now it's a complete mess.

Please quickly revert these changes or provide an option to allow this tool to become functional once again.

• 2 months later...

Yes, I agree. It is a step backwards. Can you at least make a quick search button (Ctrl-Q)? 

You didn't have to remove it. You could add those new features without removing the old one. 

The best solution. Bring this back. 

Archived