Allow users to change color scheme, increase constrast

MountainGirl22

Idea

It's been well over a year now since I upgraded to the horribly ugly, bland version of Evernote. Whose idea was it to make it all pale shades of gray? I thought perhaps I'd get used to it but I still hate it. Why not allow users to customize their own color scheme? I live in a world of color and yet when I launch Evernote it's like being on the moon or in an institution -- bland and boring. Yuck. Please allow us to bring color into our Evernote lives. At this point, I'm reedy to jump ship to any other app that gets this. Evernote doesn't seem to be listening. Recommendations welcome.

3 replies to this idea

About 5 years ago, I thought of getting the Evernote elephant added to my arm tattoos. 
Now I'm just waiting for a good competitor to come along so I can jump ship. 

There's a reason Evernote is dying, and this is one of them. 
How can the best software in my life still have such an atrocious color scheme? We use evernote because it's powerful and we're power users. We want efficiency and productivity. So why do the designers use SO MUCH WHITE? I'm going snow blind with this *****.  

I've told them over and over to no avail.
I imagine there's some apple fanboy exec who thinks having the entire screen be eye-burning white is cool and minimalist or something.
Is it that hard to add a dark theme option? Seriously, WTF? 

Forgive me if I sound like a total jerk, I'm just mad about some other things in my life and I'm venting on Evernote right now, but seriously having 95+% of the page in html:FFFF white, with no option for mercy,  is totally f****** ridiculous and I'm sick of it.

On 5/3/2016 at 6:29 PM, naturechase83 said:

About 5 years ago, I thought of getting the Evernote elephant added to my arm tattoos. 
Now I'm just waiting for a good competitor to come along so I can jump ship. 

There's a reason Evernote is dying, and this is one of them. 
How can the best software in my life still have such an atrocious color scheme? We use evernote because it's powerful and we're power users. We want efficiency and productivity. So why do the designers use SO MUCH WHITE? I'm going snow blind with this *****.  

I've told them over and over to no avail.
I imagine there's some apple fanboy exec who thinks having the entire screen be eye-burning white is cool and minimalist or something.
Is it that hard to add a dark theme option? Seriously, WTF? 

Forgive me if I sound like a total jerk, I'm just mad about some other things in my life and I'm venting on Evernote right now, but seriously having 95+% of the page in html:FFFF white, with no option for mercy,  is totally f****** ridiculous and I'm sick of it.

Yeah dude I have sadly all but abandoned Evernote at this point.

The devs keep adding silly features and not really increasing usability of the product.

1. No dark theme, no themes in general...so we are still forced to be sandblasted with stark white.

2. No syntax highlighting and code snippet functionality - this is MASSIVE for myself and developers who are basically having to use alternative products.

3. In general, it's just not keeping up with the times and there are SO many competing products out there (for FREE) at this point.  OMG I'll be happy to list 6 different apps that do the same thing.

The only only thing that EN has going for it at this point is cross-platform.

Shame, I used to adore the product but feature requests for real things have gone completely missed by the dev team.  Weird.

Archived