Dictionary size and shift+F10

I have two simple suggestions:

(1) A bigger dictionary. I constantly am finding I am needing to add words that really should be in there already. Sometimes these are technical terms (like amygdala, added today) but other times they're not and I'm surprised at needing to expand the dictionary.

(2) Shift+F10 capability. In MS Word, this quickly works to "right click" so that if you've misspelled something, it gives you autocorrect suggestions right there. This greatly aids people who want to not need to reach for the mouse or trackpad.

If I'm mistaken here (and there's some easy way to import a bigger dictionary or a shift+F10 equivalent), please let me know.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, NtotheM said:

I have two simple suggestions:

(1) A bigger dictionary. I constantly am finding I am needing to add words that really should be in there already. Sometimes these are technical terms (like amygdala, added today) but other times they're not and I'm surprised at needing to expand the dictionary.

(2) Shift+F10 capability. In MS Word, this quickly works to "right click" so that if you've misspelled something, it gives you autocorrect suggestions right there. This greatly aids people who want to not need to reach for the mouse or trackpad.

If I'm mistaken here (and there's some easy way to import a bigger dictionary or a shift+F10 equivalent), please let me know.

I wasn't aware Evernote maintained its own dictionary - I thought it was provided by the operating system

Evernote only has the F7 spellcheck utility. 

For most common spelling errors, you can actually have autocorrect functionality directly in Evernote (and system wide) via a text-expansion app's built-in set of phrases that it keeps an eye out for... And you can add your own common typos (and fixes) to the list. PhraseExpress is a great free option for both Mac and Windows.

Archived