Editing links

I'm not sure whether anyone has mentioned this before, but there seems to be a problem in editing links in the latest Windows version of EN. When I right-click on an embedded link, I get a menu of three choices: Edit, Copy, and Remove. None of them works now.

• Ex Employees
10 hours ago, wsp said:

I get a menu of three choices: Edit, Copy, and Remove. None of them works now.

Can you tell me what you see when you attempt to select the option(s)? 

The link edit options work on my end. Make sure you're up-to-date, by selecting Help>Check for updates. Also, if you create a new test note, and add a hyperlink, do the edit options work? 

Very odd. I checked a note that I created this morning, and all is well there. The same is true with a new test note. But the problem shows up on older notes (I assume all notes created before my latest upgrade).

In these older notes, when I right-click on a link, I get the usual menu (Edit, Copy, Remove), but all of those choices are nonfunctional. Absolutely nothing happens when I click Edit, Copy, or Remove.

I am using EN Windows 6.0.5.1723, which seems to be the latest release.

• Level 5
On 4/28/2016 at 2:48 PM, wsp said:

Very odd. I checked a note that I created this morning, and all is well there. The same is true with a new test note. But the problem shows up on older notes (I assume all notes created before my latest upgrade).

In these older notes, when I right-click on a link, I get the usual menu (Edit, Copy, Remove), but all of those choices are nonfunctional. Absolutely nothing happens when I click Edit, Copy, or Remove.

I am using EN Windows 6.0.5.1723, which seems to be the latest release.

When you right-click the link, is it selected (i.e. does the link text automatically turn blue)? If not, you may find that you need to select the link yourself before right-clicking it (it could be that the HTML underlying those particular notes is confusing our URL-parsing code).

I've just tried manually selecting the link before right-clicking it, and I'm afraid that doesn't change the behavior.

But after doing some further tests, I find that the problem is more complicated than I thought. Sometimes in a single note, I can edit one link but not a second link.

Is no one else reporting this?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived