Helper horizontal scrolling

Recently the Evernote Helper window has opened just about one character too narrow to fit the text typed into it. No horizontal scroll bar appears, but sliding my finger side to side on the trackpad (or mouse) bounces the text side to side, and a little sliver of text goes missing off one side or the other of the window while typing.

See attached image for what I'm talking about.

This isn't a big deal in terms of functionality, but it is surprisingly annoying (here I am, after all). I don't see any way to change the width of the window, the size of the typeface, or anything else that would prevent this. And I can't find any previous mention of this phenomenon in any of the forums.

I'm also not sure exactly when it started, but I think it was recently (maybe with 6.6?). It definitely has not always happened, on either of my machines. I'm running 6.6.1 (453372 Direct) on both my MacBook (Retina, 12", Early 2015) and my iMac (21.5", Late 2013), both of which are running OS X 10.11.4.

EN Helper Horiz Scroll.jpg

On 4/26/2016 at 0:43 PM, SGR said:

Recently the Evernote Helper window has opened just about one character too narrow to fit the text typed into it. No horizontal scroll bar appears, but sliding my finger side to side on the trackpad (or mouse) bounces the text side to side, and a little sliver of text goes missing off one side or the other of the window while typing.

See attached image for what I'm talking about.

This isn't a big deal in terms of functionality, but it is surprisingly annoying (here I am, after all). I don't see any way to change the width of the window, the size of the typeface, or anything else that would prevent this. And I can't find any previous mention of this phenomenon in any of the forums.

I'm also not sure exactly when it started, but I think it was recently (maybe with 6.6?). It definitely has not always happened, on either of my machines. I'm running 6.6.1 (453372 Direct) on both my MacBook (Retina, 12", Early 2015) and my iMac (21.5", Late 2013), both of which are running OS X 10.11.4.

EN Helper Horiz Scroll.jpg

Hey there @SGR, thanks for posting.

Here are some steps for troubleshooting the issue:

• Open Evernote
  • Click the Helper icon in the menu bar at the top
  • Click the Gear icon in the upper left hand corner of the Helper window
  • Select Quit Evernote
  • Restart Evernote

If the issue persists after doing the above:

• Open Evernote
  • From the menu bar, select Evernote > Preferences > General
  • De-select all of the menu bar items for Evernote Helper
  • Quit Evernote and reboot your device
  • Open Preferences and re-enable the Helper

Please let me know how this works out for you.

Hi @BSR,

Thanks for your suggestion. I followed the steps you recommended, but the problem remains.

The information about EN/OS X versions, as well as information about my machines (it's happening on both) is in my original post.

On 4/29/2016 at 10:12 PM, heckler0077 said:

Hi, @BSR, just wanted to check in confirming the issue; it's been occurring on my machine (Mac OS X 10.10.5) for about a week now as well, and significantly affects my ability to use the menubar helper.

19 hours ago, SGR said:

Hi @BSR -- Any update on a possible cause/fix for this? Just curious.

Hey @SGR and @heckler0077. It looks like we have seen some reports of this from other users as well. We're trying to gather more information to send to our developers. Would you mind creating a support ticket so we can obtain your activity logs and some more information to forward to them? 

Thanks again, we appreciate y'all bringing this to our attention!

15 hours ago, SGR said:

Hi @BSR -- just saw this request today. I created the ticket. Thanks for following up.

Hey @SGR - thats great! Please post the ticket number here so I can follow up on it for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @BSR,

Sorry, just saw this request. The ticket number is: 1607044. I sent along some logs and was told it's a known issue and they have no current workaround and are looking into it.

• 2 weeks later...

I updated to 6.7.1 today and this problem appears to have been resolved. Many thanks to the team at Evernote for addressing it.

As a minor aside: I agree with these guys

when they say that it would be best to have details about each release in the forums, including detailed, informative release notes.

1 hour ago, SGR said:

I updated to 6.7.1 today and this problem appears to have been resolved. Many thanks to the team at Evernote for addressing it.

As a minor aside: I agree with these guys

when they say that it would be best to have details about each release in the forums, including detailed, informative release notes.

Hey @SGR, glad to hear the issue was resolved for you in version 6.7.1!

For future reference, release notes for new versions are posted in the Mac Product Feedback thread as they are made available.

For more information and release notes regarding version 6.7.1 of Evernote for Mac, please visit the below thread.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!

Archived