How to write text after a quoted block?

Let's say I have pasted some text in, which Evernote has nicely surrounded in a box with a slightly darker background.

How do I get the cursor after the box so that I can add text below the added content?

(I can't click below the box to get the cursor there, and not can I hit the enter key with the cursor placed within the greyed box as it simply expands it).

How can I achieve this?

Thanks

Please see the screenshot:

Evernote%2BBasic%2B2016-04-26%2B15-05-36

• Level 5*

If we're just talking text, you might want to use the format options to simplify formatting or make plain text

Sometimes in copy/paste we pick up background format code.

Hey there @evianwater, welcome to the Forums!

Where is this content copy/pasted from?

7 hours ago, DTLow said:

If we're just talking text, you might want to use the format options to simplify formatting or make plain text

Sometimes in copy/paste we pick up background format code.

As @DTLow mentioned, you could paste the text, then select Format > Simplify Formatting or Format > Make Plain Text.

If you are pasting the text into an existing note, you can also select Edit > Paste and Match Style.

• 7 months later...

Is there any other input on this? I don't consider this solved, what if we would like to paste in and *keep* the formatting? It's very frustrating to not be able to get outside of the aforementioned box. There has to be a better way than pasting plain text, and or matching style, which doesn't keep the formatting.

For instance I'm taking a course right now, and I'd like to paste info from the course page into a single document, a lot of the info ends with a shaded box with colored text in it, there's no way for me to paste after that box. So instead of having neat notes, with the formatting (which helps in readability for what I'm learning (coding)) on one page, I have to have separate pages. For such a powerful note app, this is a major oversight. 

Archived