I think there is a glitch in the way Evernote goes from actual notes to "Print Preview" and actual paper prints.

Here is a partial screenshot of my shopping list when using Evernote normally... oh wait, I can't attach it because the Evernote forum says that the max size of attachments is 0.01MB again... I'll try again later.

• Ex Employees
On 4/25/2016 at 2:00 PM, WeCanLearnAnything said:

I think there is a glitch in the way Evernote goes from actual notes to "Print Preview" and actual paper prints.

I understand that this issue is happening with a note that contains checkboxes. Can you tell me if you experience this same issue with a note that does not contain checkboxes? 

I also see that you attempted to copy the check boxes and now see duplicate outlines. This is a reported issue that the development team is aware of. I currently have no ETA on a fix. I will update here when I get more info. In most cases this duplicate outline is removed if you move to another note and return to the original. 

On 4/25/2016 at 2:01 PM, WeCanLearnAnything said:

So, on a secondary note... Is anybody at Evernote going to fix the forums to make it possible to attach files bigger than 0.01MB?

I'm reaching out the forum admin for more info and will update here once I have something to share.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2016 at 6:06 PM, Austin G said:

I understand that this issue is happening with a note that contains checkboxes. Can you tell me if you experience this same issue with a note that does not contain checkboxes? 

I also see that you attempted to copy the check boxes and now see duplicate outlines. This is a reported issue that the development team is aware of. I currently have no ETA on a fix. I will update here when I get more info. In most cases this duplicate outline is removed if you move to another note and return to the original. 

I'm reaching out the forum admin for more info and will update here once I have something to share.

Hi Austin,

Attached is a screenshot of the print preview of a recipe I keep in Evernote. [I've blacked out some private elements of the picture.] The note contains no checkboxes. If you try to read it, you will notice many missing parts of letters, both above and below the horizontal line. Depending on how much I zoom in, different portions of the text will appear properly or disappear.

When I printed the file to paper (attached), there were fewer errors. I've circled some missing parts of letters where I noticed them. Most of the problems had to do with the letter "w". There may have been other unintentional "crops" that I didn't see.

Also, I just realized that the pics I attached have no underscores/underlines in them. Do you need me to attach a pic with that, too?

I'm glad that others have told Evernote about the copy/paste issues with checkboxes. I hope to see a fix soon!

weird print preview in evernote.jpg

The print version.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think I found yet another glitch, this one also being related to Evernote printing. Evernote does not give me the option to print only a selection of pages rather than all the pages. This has been true for all notes I've tested it on.

On all other programs, all printer stuff is working just fine.

The first pic below shows that my shopping list is 2 pages, not one. (It also shows how poor the print preview is. Just try to read the contents of the note.)

The second pic shows that I cannot select individual pages for printing. 

Mods, feel free to start a new thread or ask me to start a new thread if you think it's necessary.

Say, is there a prize for being the #1 bug/glitch reporting customer in 2016? :D

If so, I imagine I'm on track to win it as I seem to find a new one every week... 

2 pages.jpg

cannot print range.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Hi.  I don't think Evernote is set up to offer print options like choice of pages - not a glitch,  just the feature doesn't exist,  though it might be on a road map somewhere. 

And issues with the forum aren't Evernote - it's third party software which seems to have some problems of its own right now.

On other matters @Austin G has said he'll update when there's something to say,  which is Evernote's usual process.  If you have a feature request,  it's best to publish it in the feedback forums - you get a counter which others can click to record support;  the more clicks,  the more likely the feature will get looked at soon...

• 2 years later...

Archived