"handling multiple projects"

Kraneum

Hi.

Would please let me know how to handle multiple projects and structure the content with Evernote for Windows.

I have few notebooks as suggested by David Allen.

One of these is for example "Projects Personal" and on such logical place it I have created Project 1 and so forth, Under this notebook called Project 1 I would like to add major milestones as the major steps I need to accomplished and wanted to be able to view on my center or right of my Evernote window every tasks that belongs to each unique project. 

Shortcust

inbox

Next Action

Projects Personal

Project 1

Project 2

SomewayMaybe

Waiting For 

Milestone 1 Project 1

Milestone 2 Project 1

Milestone 3 Project 1

Milestone 4 Project 1

Milestone 1 Project 2

Milestone 2 Project 2

Milestone 3 Project 2

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Kraneum said:

Hi.

Would please let me know how to handle multiple projects and structure the content with Evernote for Windows.

I have few notebooks as suggested by David Allen.

One of these is for example "Projects Personal" and on such logical place it I have created Project 1 and so forth, Under this notebook called Project 1 I would like to add major milestones as the major steps I need to accomplished and wanted to be able to view on my center or right of my Evernote window every tasks that belongs to each unique project. 

The first thing you need to do is to have a tag for each project so the notes can be searched by project

In a project review, I want to see all my project notes.
To have them in the right sequence, I sort by title and prefix the titles to control the sequence
For example
   Project Master Note; prefix by -
   Next Actions; prefix by *
   Tasks; prefix by +
   Other Notes; prefix by ....
You can extend this so milestone notes have their own section.

If you just want Milestones, you can use a tag to identify notes as Milestones and use that as search criteria

In the project master document, you can have a table of contents
Some of the entries can be an actual link to a note
You can include the string to copy and paste into your search box
    Milestones (tag:xxx tag:Milestones)

Archived