Search IN ALL NOTEBOOKS with 1 Shortcut?

Hi everybody,

This must be the easiest question ever asked, but I still can't find the answer :

How can one search with 1 shortcut in ALL notebooks (whole Evernote content) ?

Before,  this was possible with WIN + SHIFT + F  or  F6.   Now, with this shortcuts, the search does only in the _current_ notebook.   To search ALL,

(1) I first have to select "all notes"....

(2) erase the last search words in the search window

(3) write the words I'm searching for

There MUST be a 1 second way to do that ??!!!  

__thanks everybody and congratulations to the team for a great application__   :)

• Level 5*

Yes, they changed the default behaviour but you can get back to what you want with the following registry change:

Set HKCU/Software/Evernote/Evernote/ResetContextOnSearch to 1 and the current search context will be cleared when you press F6.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Frank.dg said:

Also, how about hitting the "X" (Click to clear search) in the search bar? That clears all contexts for me and boots you back to All Notes/ Notebooks.

Hmm, I don't see an X in the search bar.  Got a screen shot?

• Level 5

Frank.dg is correct.  Removing the X at the far right of the search field clears the previous search.

What surprised me is how close csihilling's 2,831 results came to my 2,837 results for the same search term!

now is the time.png

• Level 5
21 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Okay, but what have I done to not have the X?

Not sure, I'll take a stab at it. I have a magnifying glass in the empty search field, and as soon as I start typing in the search field, it changes to an X.

In another post, you mentioned 3 options to clear a search. One of the options you mentioned was F6.

Before I installed the Registry Hack, the F6 had no impact on my system. In order to clear the previous search, I had to hit the X.

But now, I think both you and I have the registry hack installed. I'm using the standard version. Are you on a beta version?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, jbenson2 said:

Not sure, I'll take a stab at it. I have a magnifying glass in the empty search field, and as soon as I start typing in the search field, it changes to an X.

In another post, you mentioned 3 options to clear a search. One of the options you mentioned was F6.

Before I installed the Registry Hack, the F6 had no impact on my system. In order to clear the previous search, I had to hit the X.

But now, I think both you and I have the registry hack installed. I'm using the standard version. Are you on a beta version?

Thanks for the thoughts.  I am in side list view with no left panel, and in order:

• I also start with the magnifying glass, yet never have an X appear. 
  • Prior to the hack I'm almost certain I didn't have the X, and my hot key for find, Alt-F, just put the cursor in the search bar, no context change.  Hence my post in the other thread.
  • Currently on 6.0.5 with the hack installed.  To be sure I shut EN, removed the hack, started EN - still no X.

Maybe one of the EN guys will read the thread and shed some light.

Archived