Can I search for TASKS in all notes?

Ed Landau

Hi folks. I'm new here.  I've read all the help articles and forum posts and understand that I can have notes with TASKS in them, and I also understand that I can TAG notes.   What I am looking for is a solution for the following scenario:

I am taking meeting minutes.   Out of a 2 hours meeting, I have 5 tasks (marked as such).

I now go to a different meeting, so open a new note and take the meeting minutes, and in that meeting, I have another 4 tasks, which I embed right into the meeting notes (I do not have a separate note just for tasks).

I'd love to be able to at the end of the day, search for all tasks not-yet-completed.   In other words, I want to embed my tasks in my notes and have be required to keep a separate note just for tasks.   Is this possible?

Thanks

-Ed

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, Ed Landau said:

I'd love to be able to at the end of the day, search for all tasks not-yet-completed.   In other words, I want to embed my tasks in my notes and have be required to keep a separate note just for tasks.   Is this possible?

In its most simplest form, tasks can be indicated with a checkbox, inside a note. In fact Evernote calls them Todo.

Your search can be for any notes containing unchecked todo's

From the search documentation, link below in my signature

todo:[true|false|*] - if the argument is "true", this will match notes that have ToDo checkboxes that are currently checked. If the argument is "false", this will match notes that have ToDo checkboxes that are not currently checked. If the argument is "*", this will match notes that have a ToDo checkbox of any type. 

• -todo:false todo:true 
    • Matches notes that have completed ToDo items, but no uncompleted items. 
    •  

THANK YOU!   That is PRECISELY what I am asking for.

If only I could make it work :).    Example:

I create a note in my Personal notebook. It contains one item with an unchecked todo-checkbox.

I then put my cursor in the top Search box and enter todo:true and I get nothing.

I am running 64x Win7, Evernote 5.9.9.9915 (277915)

Archived