Feature Request: Quick Formatting/Styles

Leif Ashley

Idea

Evernote has come a long way since I ditched it years ago and recently come back. Thanks to the team for adding the ability to resize images, otherwise, I would never have come back.

That being said, I really need quick formatting features of say markdown, Apple Notes, etc. where I can quickly toss in a styled heading, quotes, etc. 

This is very useful for me in journalling, documents, and other types of note taking. Basically I like the idea of each note being unique, but at the same time would like a way to consistently format my notes as well quickly with a keystroke.

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, Dante Teo said:

Heading, this is thye feature I wants, but I don't think Evernote's team will listening our request at here. :(

This doesn't seem to be a high priority request.  It only has 3 votes

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 9.51.46 AM.png   (Upper left corner of the discussion)

2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

This doesn't seem to be a high priority request.  It only has 3 votes

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 9.51.46 AM.png   (Upper left corner of the discussion)

I don't think it's a feature request, it's a bug, a bug must to be fixed, how can you agree a note editor doesn't support quick formatting or styles?

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, Dante Teo said:

I don't think it's a feature request, 

I don't agree

>>it's a bug,

I don't agree

>>a bug must to be fixed,

I don't agree

>>how can you agree a note editor doesn't support quick formatting or styles?

I have not expressed an opinion.  I'm just trying to get users to vote and reflect the priority.

• Level 5
39 minutes ago, Dante Teo said:

how can you agree a note editor doesn't support quick formatting or styles?

Are there note editors today that can run quick formatting on all these platforms -Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android?

I just started using Evernote a few months ago, and I like it. But the fact that it doesn't has a default formatting style like almost any other editor nowadays (e.g. Word, Pages, Google Docs) is a real drawback. The formatting styles is a very good feature for the ones who like to keep his/her notes organised. I am a person who likes to type, and I already started missing the formatting styles in the very first note I wrote (I remember having the thought "I can't believe that Evernote doesn't had formatting styles... it's so helpful").

So, please, Evernote team, consider it. :)

Archived