Updated Windows client

righteousdork

Idea

For a while now, I've been using the Windows client at work because I need something more robust than the web version.  I need date manipulation for example.

Anyway, I updated to the latest version today, and I have to say....it's pretty darn slick.  There are some really neat features in there that I would love to see make their way to the Mac.  I'd like to see what you all think.  I'll try to post some screenshots when I'm back in the office tomorrow.

• Setting the style for tags and notebooks - Bold, italic, red, green, whatever.  Neat feature that allows you to highlight specific items you're always hitting.
  • Popups for Notebooks, Tags, and Shortcuts when using the slim left panel.  I'm not saying you get rid of the designated views for Notebooks and Tags, but maybe hovering over the icons in the narrow sidebar causes a pop-up.
  • The ability to take your Shortcuts out of the sidebar and have them in the toolbar at the top.  Customizable toolbar = Win!
  • Having the search box over the note list.  This just makes a lot of sense.

So that's my initial take-away from using it this afternoon.  I gotta say, I'm liking it a lot.

Here's an image for comparison...from the blog post:

Sidebar-Compare1.jpg

1 reply to this idea

Notice today that the Windows client has been updated with some great features (colour tags are awesome).

Are there any plans to bring the Mac client in line with the Windows release, if so is there a timetable?

Archived