(Archived) Searching Across Notebooks

Is there a way to search across multiple notebooks without searching across *all* notebooks? I have task notes and reference notes, a ton of both, and I rarely want to see the results of both groups at the same time. Also, if such a capability exists, can it be made a saved search?

It would be nice if Evernote eventually had something like Google's "advanced search" page. If the goal is to put *everything* in Evernote, one will need a way to find specific items within.

Is there a way to search across multiple notebooks without searching across *all* notebooks? I have task notes and reference notes, a ton of both, and I rarely want to see the results of both groups at the same time. Also, if such a capability exists, can it be made a saved search?

It would be nice if Evernote eventually had something like Google's "advanced search" page. If the goal is to put *everything* in Evernote, one will need a way to find specific items within.

First, I don't think you can search across multiple notebooks w/o searching across all. You can search one notebook or all. Not two out of three.

Second, you say "I rarely want to see the results of both groups at the same time"...if they are in separate notebooks or are tagged differently, you can pull only the task notes or only the reference notes.

Third, IMO, the EN search is very powerful. If something is tagged, titled correctly and/or has the correct keywords in the note, you can quickly & easily find the one or two notes you're looking for out of thousands. I do it several times a day, each & every day.

• Level 5

Yes, you can create a saved search to limit your results to just one or the other items you want.

For your reference notes, just add a tag called Reference. Then save 2 searches.

tag:reference

and

-tag:reference

The first one finds all your reference notes. The second one hides all your reference notes.

With tons of both types of notes, it will take a bit of effort. But every time you run them you will be able to enhance the accuracy of the searches.

Archived