Notebook stacks repeating and messed-up

Hi - my Windows (7 Pro) client version of EN (5.9.9) has Notebooks in complete disarray. There seems to be no logical order and Notebook Stacks in particular are repeated - the Stack name repeated for every sub-folder. 

For example, a Notebook Stack titled "Projects" has six sub-notebooks, but rather than "Projects" shown once and expanding it shows me the six sub-notebooks, I see "Projects" six times, each with one sub-notebook. Not only that, they are scattered among all other Notebooks. 

This has been raised before to no avail it would seem. I have experienced this since EN 5.6 and now I am on 5.9.9.9915 (277915) and still see no resolution. 

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, rebuilt the database, etc. etc. but still have this ugly mess on the left. 

My laptop (Windows 10) does NOT have this same issue. 

Any advice other than 'deal with it'?

Thanks.

J

• Ex Employees

Hi. Does this stack issue also appear if you log in to Evernote Web: https://www.evernote.com/Home.action ? 

If the stack appears correctly online, please try the following steps to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Open Evernote for Windows
2. Once open click on **Tools** in the menu bar of the application.
3. From there hold down the CTRL key and hover over to **Help** and you will see the Help menu has been expanded.
4. Choose **Fix All Notes** and then go back and choose **Optimize Database**.
5. Restart your computer and reopen Evernote. 

Thanks Austin. Yes EN Web looks great - in fact all my other installs work fine (Macbook, Windows 10 laptop, etc.), it's just my work machine on Windows 7 that seems messed up.

Anyhow, I tried those steps but had no success, no changes tho the notebook structure.  

I then decided to try once again a full uninstall but this time used Revo, I had to pay $30 unfortunately - Does EN own Revo by any chance : ).

Anyway, complete uninstall, reinstall seems to have cleaned it all up this time around. I suspect my previous attempts using Windows Uninstaller just didn't go deep enough. 

Thanks again. 

J

Archived