Attachements files control on macos

Hello, 

I just started with premium and am testing the attachments of files ( pdf / ppt) which are pretty huge ( 20-30MB), after delete the files (as well from trash)  ( or Notes OR notebooks), the files are still under

/Users/nnn/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote/accounts/www.evernote.com/1234567

under external-edits  and purgatory .....how to solve this,,,,I expect a purge process here!

thnks

• Level 5*
On April 17, 2016 at 2:21 AM, starlette said:

I just started with premium and am testing the attachments of files ( pdf / ppt) which are pretty huge ( 20-30MB), after delete the files (as well from trash)  ( or Notes OR notebooks), the files are still under

/Users/nnn/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote/accounts/www.evernote.com/1234567

under external-edits  and purgatory .....how to solve this,,,,I expect a purge process here!

My attachments get cleaned up eventually.  I don't have to do anything manually.

• Level 5*
On 4/17/2016 at 4:21 AM, starlette said:

Both of these folders hold temp files for Evernote.  After you close an attachment, or delete an attachment, these temp files will be removed by Evernote app at some point, but maybe not immediately.

Unless you are very critically low on storage space on your Mac, I would just not worry about these temp files.

But if you are critically low, then

• you can quit Evernote (app and Helper app in menu), and
  • then delete (or zip) these temp files.  
  • But you should first test Evernote before you permanently delete the files.
  • Move the temp files to the Mac Trash, re-open Evernote and make sure everything is working OK
  • If everything is OK, then you can empty the Mac Trash.

Archived