Share all notes under a specific tag

lungo

Idea

Hi, is it possible to share all items under a tag? I use tags for organization, not notebooks.

Ive only shared notes, but would love to share all notes under a tag sorted by creation date.

Thanks,

Sebastian

• Like 6

10 replies to this idea

On 4/12/2016 at 5:39 PM, DTLow said:

One approach I use is to share a master note that is a table of contents containing public links to the other notes in the collection.

It requires setup, and each note contains a link back to the master note.

The benefits are

- easy sharing; it's just a link

- you can organize the master list however you want it

- recipients don't require Evernote to access the notes

Yes - good option! - 'Table of Contents Note' or index notes are a recent breakthrough for me. I just dread what will happen to them if I ever need to reverse out of evernote...

But I just wanted to add dont be put off by the 'setup' mentioned here because it is really easy - when you select all the relevant notes, evernote automatically offers to create a TOC note. However, the nice linked titles this gathers will only be 'internal links' so they wont work for someone without the rights to those notes. So, go for the 'Share' button instead, 'More Sharing', 'Copy Shareable Links' and this will give you a list of links. You can edit them down to sensible text by placing the cursor within the links and typing - so long as the hyperlink within the text isnt lost. There may be a more streamlined way of doing this...?

ShareMultipleNotesTOCnote.thumb.JPG.8c5932ab9b3114757a1952126f64f308.JPG

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, lungo said:

Ive only shared notes, but would love to share all notes under a tag sorted by creation date.

One approach I use is to share a master note that is a table of contents containing public links to the other notes in the collection.

It requires setup, and each note contains a link back to the master note.

The benefits are

- easy sharing; it's just a link

- you can organize the master list however you want it

- recipients don't require Evernote to access the notes

• Like 1
On 11/2/2017 at 10:08 AM, Mike Johnson said:

Yes - good option! - 'Table of Contents Note' or index notes are a recent breakthrough for me. I just dread what will happen to them if I ever need to reverse out of evernote...

But I just wanted to add dont be put off by the 'setup' mentioned here because it is really easy - when you select all the relevant notes, evernote automatically offers to create a TOC note. However, the nice linked titles this gathers will only be 'internal links' so they wont work for someone without the rights to those notes. So, go for the 'Share' button instead, 'More Sharing', 'Copy Shareable Links' and this will give you a list of links. You can edit them down to sensible text by placing the cursor within the links and typing - so long as the hyperlink within the text isnt lost. There may be a more streamlined way of doing this...?

ShareMultipleNotesTOCnote.thumb.JPG.8c5932ab9b3114757a1952126f64f308.JPG

You really nailed it with the answer, there is no other reasonable option, so I hope that new CEO of Evernote will put this on little higher priority..