Disappointing Survey Questions

I was glad to be sent an email survey recently from evernote asking for feedback on your pricing.
However I was disapointed at your narrow focus on price.
Price is not the reason I don't have a paid subscription (I would/will subscribe to a paid plan when/if these features appear, even if they exist in the free version as well).

There are two things that stop me buying a subscription (because I dont think the product is quite up to scratch, though very good).
1. No semantic value (ie, you don't have headings, eg H1, H2 etc, Paragraph etc)
2. Lack of custom styles (I refuse to waste my life styling loads of text the same way over and over. And should I change my mind later have to manually re-style everything all over again).

These two points seem crazy to me since it would apear that your notes format is itself based on html which has these features already. The "code block" that was recently added is nice step on the way but more is needed. A quick search of the web will tell you many many other people are crying out for this and some have come up with ridiculous "work arounds" like writing scripts in other software to export text, format it and reimport it just to get something which should have been there from day one.

An index for each note (based on semantic info, i.e. headings) would be nice but I am digressing to wishlist features. The above are deal breakers.

Hope you get there soon, it would make lots of people happy (and quite probably bag you a bunch of new subscribers)

• Level 5*
On April 11, 2016 at 0:22 AM, Ben Burrows said:

There are two things that stop me buying a subscription

I pay for the Evernote service.  In addition to the premium features, Evernote stores and organizes my information.

For me, an important paid feature is the syncing to my iPad.

I guess I could come up reasons to not pay, but it's not in my character.

Evernote is never going to become the complete word processing, spreadsheet, note taking tool.  I'm comfortable with switching to dedicated apps when I need those features.

16 hours ago, DTLow said:

I pay for the Evernote service.  In addition to the premium features, Evernote stores and organizes my information.

I guess I could come up reasons to not pay, but it's not in my character.

This pretty much offered 0 insight.  Good work on the underhanded jab though..

To the OP - if you're going to subscribe, you might as well go premium.  I choose plus and don't have access to support or note history, so something to consider.

This was not really about whether I subscribe or not (my fault for mentioning it I suppose). I was trying to give helpful and constructive feedback to help a company improve its product. I would love to use it as my main info store but the lack of semantics makes it hard to give meaning to anything (styles would at least be a way to do that in an indirect way and there are a lot of people asking for that, though very few asking for semantics). Also I think the current price is quite fair (assuming it ticks the boxes for your particular use case, unfortunately for me it does not tick a couple of very important ones), in fact, if it does everything you need I think its great value.

I was just disappointed that they seemed to have focused the recent survey they sent out on price, for a great many people price won't be the important factor and if they had just added a free form field they could have got a lot of info from their users.

Emiaj, thanks for the tip re the subscription levels :-)

• Level 5*
37 minutes ago, Ben Burrows said:

This was not really about whether I subscribe or not (my fault for mentioning it I suppose). I was trying to give helpful and constructive feedback to help a company improve its product.

You might want to repost  in the product feedback forum (its organized by platform)
It can be better processed as a feature request in that users can vote on it.

Archived