Request: Remove Recent Notebooks

LeoB

Idea

31 replies to this idea

• Level 5

I agree that Recent Notebooks ought to be an option in settings--especially since it never actually seems to show the most recently used notebooks. Those who want this feature should please click the up arrow at the top of the page to vote in support of it.

it is now 2020, and I'm still waiting for this feature! recent notebooks is a section I never asked for, never needed, and always distracting to see. I HATE seeing recent notebooks on top of my own notebook stacks. years passed and no solution for this whatsoever, no "turning off recent notebooks", nor "rearrange notebook sections", NOTHING! like the Evernote team doesn't even care! it's so disappointing that I don't want to launch Evernote from my Android mobiles anymore. please PLEASE PLEEEAAASE do take this as a user experience problem and DO SOMETHING!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hello @LeoB,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums. While there is not currently a way to achieve this, I will move this topic over to the Android Feedback section so that users like yourself can vote on features to be put into the Evernote application.

• Level 5*

In the Windows app and Android app, I only see an alphabetical list of notebooks, though I recall having seen recent notebooks on top in the past. Did something change, or is there some other view that shows recent notebooks?

1 hour ago, tavor said:

In the Windows app and Android app, I only see an alphabetical list of notebooks, though I recall having seen recent notebooks on top in the past. Did something change, or is there some other view that shows recent notebooks?

In the Android app the left column starts with All Notes with Notebooks beneath it. When Notebooks in the left column is tapped, on the right side appear all the notebooks beginning with the three most recent notebooks accessed. What this thread is about is that there is no option to show/hide recent notebooks. Fully half the right column is taken up by these recently accessed notebooks. For me, this is an unnecessary distraction and I just want to see my notebooks in the same order as they would be on the windows program. I don't use the Windows app.

• Like 1

Hi @LeoB,

I too would LOVE to have the ability to turn this feature off on my Mac using Chrome (any) browser.  The main gripe is that it becomes a poor user experience because I want to have my folders clean and tidy, in the order I want, but when this feature is active it pushes the folders down and any time I go back to them I have to quickly reorient myself.  Doesn't sound huge but it would be nice.

Thanks!

On 4/23/2017 at 11:52 PM, fred.malinski said:

How many "up's" do we need for them to take this at all seriously? 

If there were 10,000 "ups" Evernote would still not take this seriously. Tablet apps are just a nuisance to them.

• Level 5*
On 4/23/2017 at 11:52 PM, fred.malinski said:

How many "up's" do we need for them to take this at all seriously? 

Lack of action doesn't mean that they don't take it seriously. As the forum header says:

Our Product Feedback forums are places to suggest great ideas on improving Evernote. It could be a little idea or a very big idea. Like someone else's idea? Vote on the idea, or provide a comment of your own. One thing to remember: popularity does not mean implementation. Our forums are one component of the decisions we make, and while a bunch of ideas have merit, we need to be selective and always balancing priorities. 

• Level 5*
On 4/29/2017 at 10:24 AM, LeoB said:

In the Android app the left column starts with All Notes with Notebooks beneath it. When Notebooks in the left column is tapped, on the right side appear all the notebooks beginning with the three most recent notebooks accessed. What this thread is about is that there is no option to show/hide recent notebooks. Fully half the right column is taken up by these recently accessed notebooks. For me, this is an unnecessary distraction and I just want to see my notebooks in the same order as they would be on the windows program. I don't use the Windows app.

In the Android app, I only see the 'left column' when I click the icon in the upper left of the "All Notes" view. When I click there, I get a list that pulls out from the left side that starts with my name, then All Notes, then Notebooks (and so on). When I click on Notebooks, I get an alphabetical list of notebooks.

I do recall seeing a recent notebooks list, and I did find it annoying, and I agree there should be an option, instead of forcing a recent notebooks view on everyone. I figure that view is throwing a bone to people who insist on creating lots of notebooks. EDIT: what I recalled seeing was in the Windows app.

10 hours ago, Cold Case Research Group said:

It's actually quite simple to hide the recent notebooks.  Go to Tools>Options.  In the lower left hand portion of the options screen there should be a box to check  to Show Advanced Options.  Check the box and then when the new options show up, set the Maximum Number of Recent Notebooks to 0.

Are you sure you are in the Android app? There is no Tools tab in Android.

On 11.05.2017 at 3:57 PM, LeoB said:

Are you sure you are in the Android app? There is no Tools tab in Android.

This is how it works in Windows client - unfortunatelly for Android there is no such an option.

I really wish it was - recent notebooks list taking up space is one of the items that annoys me big time.

• Thanks 1
On 5/11/2017 at 8:29 AM, Cold Case Research Group said:

It's actually quite simple to hide the recent notebooks.  Go to Tools>Options.  In the lower left hand portion of the options screen there should be a box to check  to Show Advanced Options.  Check the box and then when the new options show up, set the Maximum Number of Recent Notebooks to 0.

I tried this option many times, but it does not work.

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, LeoB said:

Evernote does not give a ship/t about Android users. They just barely tolerate Windows users. If you're not using an Apple product you're really not serious. 

I resemble that remark

To indicate your support for the "Recent Notebooks" request, please use the voting button at the top left corner of the discussion
The current vote count is198434135_ScreenShot2020-01-06at7_49_46AM.png.842ff66ab2b226a243c54dd56c5142fa.png

• Level 5
1 hour ago, LeoB said:

Evernote does not give a ship/t about Android users. They just barely tolerate Windows users. If you're not using an Apple product you're really not serious. 

The one kind of aggrieved post in these forums that really annoys me is the kind that claims to know Evernote's thought processes, policies, priorities, affection or not for different kinds of users, etc. You feel aggravated because your apps haven't been updated to where you want them to be. I do too sometimes. But the only knowledge we have about Evernote's priorities is what they tell us publicly. For instance, in the series of behind the scenes videos that are coming out regarding ongoing upgrading of the software, such as this one on Android and iPhone--in which one of the themes is that finally the iPhone is going to catch up with some features Android has had for awhile:

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, LeoB said:

Funny -- I use the Evernote Windows and Android applications every day, for work and personal uses, and find that they work just fine for me. Of course, if you go to the Mac and iOS forums, I'm sure that you'll find the same sorts of complaints there that you see here. *shrug*

It really helps if you point out specific requests or problems that you may be having with Evernote products.

Please, this "recent notebooks" tab is terrible. I never use it, is taking up space and making my experience very annoying. I try to make everything very clean on my system and everytime I look at "notebooks" there's this useles tab in there.
At least, make an option to hide it so if somebody don't want it they can choose that. I really want to see that for all systems because I use evernote on my computer and android but it would be useful specially for mobile.

Thank you.