New Features Strongly Needed

Michele Bianco

Idea

I believe the following Features would strongly enhance the power and usability of EVERNOTE

1. In order to benefit from the feature of routing emails directly to Notebooks (by adding @Notebook-name to the subject) you should find a way to perform this easily. Notebook names may be two, three words long and if you have several, you are not going to remember them.  There is no way to copy and paste the Notebook name from Evernote except from the Notebook view in edit name mode (?!?!?). There are several ways to achieve this: by creating a plug in (for Mail, Outlook, etc..) with a tree of all the Notebooks to choose from (like you do in the "change notebook" feature for each note); by powering up the rule that recognizes the @Notebook-name label (if I write @Accounting and I only have one Notebook containing the word "Accounting" it will route it properly; otherwise, it will place the note in a conflict folder). I am quite sure you can figure out other cool ways of doing it!
  2. Maybe it's my fault but I don't see any type of reporting in Evernote. To give some examples: a printout/pdf with all my Notebooks and the number of notes included; the same in Atlas or Tag mode. A printout/pdf of all notes included in one notebook (Each note on a new page with header as note title).

Thanks for your feedback!

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 4/9/2016 at 6:33 AM, Michele Bianco said:

A printout/pdf of all notes included in one notebook (Each note on a new page with header as note title).

Just select the notes you want, then file, print.

• Level 5*
On April 9, 2016 at 6:33 AM, Michele Bianco said:

by creating a plug in (for Mail, Outlook, etc..) with a tree of all the Notebooks to choose from (like you do in the "change notebook" feature for each note)

On the Mac, we have AppleScript available.  It would be very easy to automate this and have dropdown lists for notebook and tag. You could also look at http://veritrope.com/code/apple-mail-to-evernote/
An example is that I use a dropdown list of templates when creating a new note.
Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 10.07.26 AM.png

On my Mac, I actually use a mail add-on called Evermail 

Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 10.11.55 AM.png

10 hours ago, EdH said:

Just select the notes you want, then file, print.

Hi EdH,

it doesn't seem to work. If I select the notes (cmd click on each) and select "print" from the file menu, it will only print the first note. And the options offered after selecting several notes do not include print.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Michele Bianco said:

Hi EdH,

it doesn't seem to work. If I select the notes (cmd click on each) and select "print" from the file menu, it will only print the first note. And the options offered after selecting several notes do not include print.

Sorry. It works in Windows. Didn't notice the Mac version. I've not tried it on my Mac. I've never actually tried it on Windows until your post as I don't print notes usually.

• Level 5*
On April 9, 2016 at 6:33 AM, Michele Bianco said:

Maybe it's my fault but I don't see any type of reporting in Evernote. To give some examples: a printout/pdf with all my Notebooks and the number of notes included; the same in Atlas or Tag mode. A printout/pdf of all notes included in one notebook (Each note on a new page with header as note title).

I can select multiple notes and then File > Print.
If I select print to PDF, I get separate pdf files; but they don't have the note title as a filename.

There is a print option for Print Headers that includes the note title and other metadata as a header.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Michele Bianco said:

seem to work. If I select the notes (cmd click on each) and select "print" from the file menu, it will only print the first note. And the options offered after selecting several notes do not include print.

I just checked on my Mac, EN 6.6. It prints multiple notes just fine.

Many thanks, DTLow & EdH; you are just right!

The preview shows only the first note but if you do print, then you get all the selected ones. I got tricked by this fact.

As you said the pdf name is just repeated with a counter at the end. The note attachments are printed in separate pdf's.

Thanks!

Archived