BUG -- Where'd the "Note->Delete" menu command go???

EFG

Idea

How do I delete a note opened or created "In a New Window" instead of saving it? (Attached is an image of what I'm talking about.)

Before updating EN to version 5.9.9.9915, I just clicked on a command under the "Note" menu called "delete". But this new version of EN is missing this "Note->Delete" command.

Does EN now force me to save every single note opened in it's own window?

Clipboard01.png
  • Like 1

25 replies to this idea

This is a really unnecessary irritant. The "Note" menu should have a "Delete" item in it.  Also, there needs to be a "Delete" item in the context menu when a note is right-clicked from the note list view. 

"Move to Trash" is unnecessarily wordy and simply not what one is naturally looking for. It's easy to overlook when one has not made the mental context switch -- "Oh, I'm in Evernote now, so I have to look for different things than for every other program on my desktop." Really poor UX, IMO.

• Thanks 1

The delete under edit only deletes content.  There used to be an option to delete the note from the "note" menu.  It's also missing from the right-click menu.

Happened after the most recent update.  Can't understand why in the world it was removed.

• Level 5*

You can also add the delete icon to the toolbar in the single note window.  Will be there whenever you open a note or create a note in its own window.

• Ex Employees

When viewing a note in a separate window the Note>Move to Trash option is not currently listed with 5.9.9 or any of the V6 betas.  As @michael.freidgeim mentioned, there have been recent changes with these options. I need to confirm if the removal of the Note>Move to Trash option was by design or not. @EFG, I have converted your post into a support ticket and will follow up with you via email. 

I will update here when I something to share. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5
38 minutes ago, Austin G said:

It was also changed to Note>Expunge when viewed from the trash. 

I wish Evernote would be a bit more consistent. 

Viewed from the Trash is: Note>Expunge

But if I empty the notes in my Trash it says:

"You are about to PERMANENTLY delete all 38 notes"  "This action cannot be undone. Are you sure you want to delete notes"   "Delete Notes" or "Cancel"

So expunge applies to individual notes... and delete applies to multiple notes???

• Level 5*
36 minutes ago, jbenson2 said:

I wish Evernote would be a bit more consistent. 

Viewed from the Trash is: Note>Expunge

But if I empty the notes in my Trash it says:

"You are about to PERMANENTLY delete all 38 notes"  "This action cannot be undone. Are you sure you want to delete notes"   "Delete Notes" or "Cancel"

So expunge applies to individual notes... and delete applies to multiple notes???

High expectations JB.  ;)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Austin G said:

@JMichaelTX I do not have the specific details on the change, but I believe it was to differentiate from the Edit>Delete option.  It was also changed to Note>Expunge when viewed from the trash.

Does this Edit>Delete command do anything different than pressing the "Del" key on a keyboard?

33 minutes ago, gazumped said:

OK - so if this happens occasionally,  create a tag so you can clean up at the end of a session.  If not,  close the window and then delete...?

This doesn't happen "occasionally" to folks who work almost exclusively with notes created or opened "In a New Window."

And as there wasn't any reason to remove the "Note->Delete" command or the "Move to Trash" command, having to perform this 3-step process, or having to "create a tag" then "clean up at the end of a session," or having to come up with some other workaround is aggravating.

When will EN Developers learn the basic rule "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"!

Hi all,

As "Create new note in a new window" is now a default option in newer versions of EN, does anyone know if there are any updates regarding the issue raised in this topic/thread? Thanks,