No way to maintain notebooks when transfer new user?

I set up a new user for personal vs business EN.  I only have 427 notes and upgraded business account to premium.  The notes have both personal and business together, well organized.   
I set up another user free acct for personal, then exported all the 427 notes (all small files no videos or large pdfs). I then imported into personal.

So now I have an input folder with 427 notes all bunched together in no logical sequence I can tell. 

I want to keep the personal and will then delete on the business user account.   It appears I have to manually go through all 427 notes and reset up all the notebooks for personal file and transfer manually?

Am I missing some easier way?

• Level 5*

I'm guessing you discovered that the Evernote .enex export does not retain the notebook metadata, only tags and dates.

If that is important - you would be advised to do separate exports for each notebook.
- this is the conventional practice for backing up local notebooks
An alternate process would be to add temporary tags to each note that identifies the notebook.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, DaveInPhoenix said:

I have never used tags always preferred to organize by notebooks.

I did say temporary tags.  It would have allowed you to transfer  the notebook id without doing separate exports for each notebook.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, DaveInPhoenix said:

ah..duh... just export specific notebooks I didn't think of... Will delete (I hope) all in #2 and then just export the notebooks needed.    Thanks

I have never used tags always preferred to organize by notebooks.

Instead of using the export/import process, you can also just share the notebooks from the existing account with your new account.

Then you just create the notebooks in your new account, and copy the notes from the existing account notebook.  Much simpler, IMO.

Archived