For those with big fingers....

NightStalker

Idea

Hi from Down Under, and a period of hibernation :)

Long LONG time Evernote user, with most of my forum contributions on the Evernote for Mac threads.

This, however, applies to EN on the iPad.

When I tap on one of my snippets in the list (yes, I use Snippet view all the time), I get a split screen, with the shrunken snippets on the left, and a tall, narrow version of the note on the right.

However - and here's the problem - the only way I can make that note full screen is to tap that tiny little double angled arrow icon, just below where it says "Close". Needless to say, I hit 'Close' more often than I manage to get my note full screen.

Now I have big fingers, as I'm sure do many others here and elsewhere - so why is the only way to go full screen such a tiny little icon, and tucked away between all the other hot-spots and links?

Surely there needs to be a BIG button - maybe up on the top row somewhere - that is easy to hit to go full screen.

An even more useful option would be to be able to set a default that when tapping on a snippet, it automatically goes to full screen.  None of the split-screen stuff at all.

Actually, I NEVER want to see that split screen thing.  I'd much rather just be able to alternate between full-screen notes, and the full-screen list of snippets.  Close the note, see the snippets.  Tap a snippet, see the full-screen note.

Is that possible?  Why have we had this tiny, silly little double arrow thing to put up with all this time? It may be OK for those with skinny fingers - people who can thumb-type on an iPhone, for example - but my thumb covers about 2/3 of an iPhone keyboard! And my finger ain't much smaller...

Just a suggestion...

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
45 minutes ago, NightStalker said:

Is that possible?  Why have we had this tiny, silly little double arrow thing to put up with all this time? It may be OK for those with skinny fingers - people who can thumb-type on an iPhone, for example - but my thumb covers about 2/3 of an iPhone keyboard! And my finger ain't much smaller...

The only way I can manageUnknown.png

I sent a note to Customer Support today with this exact same request. Those tiny little arrows either don't register my fingers (I'm a normal sized guy), or what happens more of the time, is my fingers hit Close or one of the other clickable icons near the arrows. Since I often look at numerous things I've saved in Evernote on the iPad, this can be a recurring pain in the butt. Don't understand why there can't be an "Open" button next to "Close", and both of them could be larger. 

Archived