Product Feedback: Live links

LSS1

Idea

Other than EXPORT issues (in another posting) the only thing that I feel a lack of in Evernote is good support for tables -- and especially Excel types of tables.

What would be really cool is the ability to live link to an excel file with a start and end cell (e.g. A1 to C7). The contents of the excel table would be displayed in the note. Whenever I look at the note it would either update automatically -- or manually (if configured). If the backing file is not accessible or I explicitly break the link then the last version of the table would remain in the note.

The same kind of live link would also be useful for JPG and PNG files so that I could have a live graphic in a note.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, LSS1 said:

What would be really cool is the ability to live link to an excel file with a start and end cell (e.g. A1 to C7). The contents of the excel table would be displayed in the note

This is NOT exactly what you are asking for, but at least it is a quick way to copy Excel cells to an Evernote table and retain the proper formatting.
See:

Archived