Offline notebooks in ios

Hello,

I've attempted to select a notebook per instructions to make it an offline notebook. How can I see if it was actually made an offline note book?

These are the insructions I used:

• iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch: 
    Tap your account name on the top left of the home screen. Tap '
    General
    '
     > 
    '
    Notebooks
    '
     > 
    '
    Offline Notebooks'
    . You then have the option to 'Download All Notes' or you can tap '
    Download Selected Notebooks
    ' and select one or more notebooks to make offline. Tap '
    < Notebooks
    ' at the top of the screen to confirm your changes.
  • Thanks,
  • Unkei
  • Level 5*

You don't really make offline notebooks, like perhaps a local notebook on a desktop.  On IOS, offline notebooks means those synced notebooks you have for which you want the contents of all the notes in the notebook(s) to be synced to your device, not just the title and header information.

2 hours ago, csihilling said:

You don't really make offline notebooks, like perhaps a local notebook on a desktop.  On IOS, offline notebooks means those synced notebooks you have for which you want the contents of all the notes in the notebook(s) to be synced to your device, not just the title and header information.

2 hours ago, csihilling said:

Thanks csihilling,

The only notebook I was attempting to make Offline, was one I had my Handgun serial numbers in and didn't want the info in the cloud! I can just put that info elsewhere..not a huge deal! Most of my info is not going to cause any countries to fall..or rise!!! I'm a nobody..been a nobody for 68..going on 69 years! I was a Deputy Sheriff for 35 years in our State's Capitol..but..no genius! Did manage to get a degree in Criminal Justice..and one in Psychology...Still...No Genius!!! All that being said...I sure do like EN! It is my goto filebox...not using it to maximum efficiency yet..BUT..I'll get there with everyone on this great forum's help!!! Everyday..I learn something new! Just have to learn how to apply it correctly!!! LOL!!! Stick with me...and try not to flame my poor old a## too badly!!! I started in computing somewhat before the Two Steves did their thing in the garage. Had to make my own computer and write my own first programs in Basic! No Hard Drives.. No Floppy Disks...No Nuttin!!!  Heck..I still have a Mac signed by the Woz!!! My puter usage streches back to before there was a WEB! Just a very slow dial up modem and some (not many), discussion groups! Heck..my first TV remote was tethered by a cord, and only turned on/off..up/down and such! I remember being absolutely amazed by Pong!!! And today's kids wont have a clue about vinyl records...even CDs and such! Guess I'm just out of sync with the times! Still have a Palm Pilot for God's sake...but also have a Ham Radio Ticket, an HF portable, 3 SW Radios, 2Mac Book Pros, 3 iPads, a Canon EOS,60D DSLR..and..a Partridge In A Pear Tree! I have built 3 PCs, and one Website for a National Industrial Tire Company! So..guess I can't be too dumb! Still....who knows?

Cheers,

Unkei

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, Unkei said:

Hello,

I've attempted to select a notebook per instructions to make it an offline notebook. How can I see if it was actually made an offline note book?

•  

You can disconnect from the Internet (go offline) and check if you have access to your notes.  Look at a large note with attachments that you'd normally not be able to look at

If you are referring to local notebooks, you can sign on the web platform and verify the notebooks are not sync'd.

• Level 5*

@Unkei

Are you using a desktop version as well as IOS?  If you are, and you feel comfortable with having the data on the web in an encrypted state, you can put the serial number information in a note (preferably in a local notebook to begin so as to not sync right away) and use the EN encryption capability.  Highlight the text, right click, select Encrypt Selected Text, and then enter a password of your choosing.  Once you've done that you can move the note to a synced notebook and have access through the password on your IOS device.  FWIW.

2 minutes ago, csihilling said:

@Unkei

Are you using a desktop version as well as IOS?  If you are, and you feel comfortable with having the data on the web in an encrypted state, you can put the serial number information in a note (preferably in a local notebook to begin so as to not sync right away) and use the EN encryption capability.  Highlight the text, right click, select Encrypt Selected Text, and then enter a password of your choosing.  Once you've done that you can move the note to a synced notebook and have access through the password on your IOS device.  FWIW.

Hi csihilling,

Yup......I've got EN on a Mac Book Pro with all the bells and whistles! The only reason I even tried the whole deal was because of a post on this great forum! But..I really think that it's just not worth worrying about! After all, EN does everything I need.,and far more than I currently understand! I'll get there! But..for now..I'll just put that info in what I feel is a more secure location! 

Cheers,

Unkei

56 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Nice photo.  Printing press in an on line note world.    ;)

Hi csihilling,

A lot of years ago,....I was 17, I worked at RR Donnelley & Sons in Willard Ohio, as a Proof Press Operator. The company is one of the largest printing companies in the world. I just like the image as it reminds me of a less rushed time. And...I still like writing with a fountain pen..believe it or not. I have used several puter journals..and my preference is to use a fine pen with a paper journal...go figure!!! Aside from that..my wife, Deborah and I operate a small company called Middle Earth Turnings, and one of the things we make is a selection of fine writing instruments..high quality ink pens. We display at juried art shows, and do fairly well. We do not have a website, as we feel you have to hold each of our pens in your own hand and write with it to select a pen which is right for you. The pen shown is all inlaid wood...no decals! Each star and each stripe is individually inlaid in the pen before it is turned on a lathe!

Cheers,

Unkei

image.jpeg

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Unkei said:

The only notebook I was attempting to make Offline, was one I had my Handgun serial numbers in and didn't want the info in the cloud! I can just put that info elsewhere..not a huge deal!

@Unkei, just want to clarify things about EN mobile (iOS) apps, and "Offline Notebooks".  Offline Notebooks do NOT add or provide any additional security.

The term "Offline Notebooks" means that on your EN iOS app, the notes in that notebook will be available to you always, even if you do NOT have any type of cellular/wi-fi connection to the EN Cloud.

However, the notes in the "Offline notebook" are actually in a sync'd notebook, meaning that they are in the EN Cloud, and on all devices that you sync to the EN Cloud.

For more info, see How to set up offline notebooks on mobile devices 

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

1 hour ago, JMichaelTX said:

@Unkei, just want to clarify things about EN mobile (iOS) apps, and "Offline Notebooks".  Offline Notebooks do NOT add or provide any additional security.

The term "Offline Notebooks" means that on your EN iOS app, the notes in that notebook will be available to you always, even if you do NOT have any type of cellular/wi-fi connection to the EN Cloud.

However, the notes in the "Offline notebook" are actually in a sync'd notebook, meaning that they are in the EN Cloud, and on all devices that you sync to the EN Cloud.

For more info, see How to set up offline notebooks on mobile devices 

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

OK, JMichaelTX,

I was not aware of that! I will move that info out of EN immediately! I know that the info placed in EN is pretty secure..still..I'll move it!

Thanks,

Unkei

Archived