Feature Request: Distraction-free writing experience

t.wiediger

Idea

4 replies to this idea

8 hours ago, t.wiediger said:

I really like the update to v. 6.6. Yet, I'm still missing a distraction-free writing experience like the web version provides. Any chance to implement this in a future update?

Alternote is the best option for you. It uses all EVERNOTE backend while giving EVERNOTE new look. Including distraction free.

Note: Alternote isn't an alternative just a app to make EVERNOTE content look better

18 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Did you mean http://alternoteapp.com

I understand the need to go to dedicated apps for writing or note taking.

After completing the work, can you expand on the benefit of continuing with AlterNote.  My approach would be to export to pdf and file it in Evernote.

Yes thank you.

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, t.wiediger said:

I'm still missing a distraction-free writing experience like the web version provides. Any chance to implement this in a future update?

@EvernoteAlex, Please do NOT change EN Mac to provide this so-called "distraction-free" experience.  IMO, most Mac users prefer solid, easy-to-use functionality over a blank piece of electronic paper.  When the Web Beta was released, it got many, many complaints from users who could no longer find the tools, the notebooks, the tags we need to effectively use Evernote.

For the very, very few users who seem to be distracted by almost anything, they can use the EN Web client.

Please keep EN Mac the way it is for us productivity users.

BTW, if anyone wants a "clean sheet of electronic paper" in EN Mac, all they need to do is open up the Note in its own window, and activate full screen.

FULL SCREEN SCREEN SHOT

EN-Mac-6.5-Distraction-Free-Note.png@EvernoteAlex

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

When the Web Beta was released, it got many, many complaints from users who could no longer find the tools, the notebooks, the tags we need to effectively use Evernote.

There are now 94 posts, with most complaining about the new Web Beta with its "distraction-free" UI:

Archived