When is next EN major upgrade? Is there a roadmap available?

Looking forward to a more powerful windows version of Evernote.  Just curious if the company releases a roadmap of features or upgrades, or if there is an estimated release date for any new versions or possibly a major overhaul?  Thanks in advance.

• Level 5
1 hour ago, VegasVec said:

Just curious if the company releases a roadmap of features or upgrades, or if there is an estimated release date for any new versions or possibly a major overhaul?

Here is a summary of the major overhaul they have been working on for the past 2.5 years.

https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2015/09/22/the-future-of-writing-in-evernote/

I hope the GA version is released this year.

• Level 5*
On 3/30/2016 at 3:39 PM, jbenson2 said:

Here is a summary of the major overhaul they have been working on for the past 2.5 years.
https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2015/09/22/the-future-of-writing-in-evernote/

Thanks for posting that, JB.  Even though I had Evernoted it at the time, I had forgotten about it.

I wonder if the development teams at Evernote have forgotten it.  It is a very ambitious goal:

But at Evernote, we don’t strive for fine. We craft our service not just to be great on any single platform, but to be stellar across many. As fluidly as you switch between your devices throughout the day, so too should Evernote.
. . .
It gives our engineers the ability to address your most popular note editing suggestions. Bulleted lists and pasted content will become sharper. Image and table handling will be amazing. Basic markdown will be a reality. Beyond the fundamentals, it’ll open up new possibilities for what a note is and how you use and share it.

With each iteration, we’ll improve the note editing experience and won’t rest until we are the best way to type words into a computer or phone. That’s our mission.

I have to say that at this time, with EN Mac, the Note Editor is good, but far from "great" or "stellar".  In particular, table handling doesn't even have a complete set of basic layout features.  I continue to see a lot of complaints posted about the poor formatting with lists.

Archived