Replicate Chrome, Firefox bookmark structure in Evernote

chsivateja

Hi,

I am using Evernote from last 4 months to save my notes. 

I opted chrome as my default browser as it syncs all my data (bookmarks, passwords, history) to cloud. But chrome doesn't provide any tagging feature for bookmarks (I need both folder and tagging facility)

After half-day investigation (through browsers, add-ons, 3rd party software), I found firefox is providing both tagging and folder structure. 

I also investigated Evernote. But, I found out Notebooks cannot contain sub-Notebooks and Stack can contain only Notebooks (Max 2 level). Hence, I found it  difficult to replicate the traditional nested folder bookmark structure (of chrome) using evernote. I also came across nested tagging. But, we can't have same name in different hierarchies. For example, I have a "parties" folder in both "work" and "family" parent folders. How cannot replicate it using evernote tags (I can't create work->parties and family->parties hierarchy).

Am I missing something here ? If I can replicate the bookmark structure of chrome using Evernote, kindly let me know how ?

I also wonder why people are moving from firefox to web clipper (for bookmarks) when firefox can handle both tags and folders.

Thanks for the feedback. WebClipper doesn't try to exactly replicate the bookmark organization structures of web browsers. Rather, it enables you to saves webpages, parts of web pages, annotated screenshots into Evernote where you can add more notes and content to a notebook. Great to organize projects or just remember things. All notes (including your web clips) are searchable and available offline. 

Archived